8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

BermudaTO37

Member Bio
Reaction score
Question for anyone. I live out in Scarborough and I have been going past the white TD Computer Centre building (744 Progress Ave). Recently a crane was put up on the north side of the building where the underground garage entrance is.

Not sure what is going on and I have not seen any signs posted. Anyone know what is going on? The original plan had called for a 20 story tower to be build on the west side of this building but that died with the recession in the 1990's.

Any info would be appreciated.

By searching on the Toronto Building Permit Application status website under the building address of 740 Progress Ave, I found the following information which may explain the crane on site (I've noticed this before and was wondering the same thing):

Application#: 08 196406 BLD 00 BA

Accepted Date: Aug 22, 2008

Description: addition of diesel penthouse, new shillers & cooling tower

By searching on the Toronto Building Permit Application status website under the building address of 740 Progress Ave, I found the following information which may explain the crane on site (I've noticed this before and was wondering the same thing):

Application#: 08 196406 BLD 00 BA

Accepted Date: Aug 22, 2008

Description: addition of diesel penthouse, new shillers & cooling tower

Thaks Solaris. Much Appreciated. Thought it would be something a bit more exciting but I suppose it will have to do.

Back