tenyorkIMG_0918.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 706
  • tenyorkIMG_0919.JPG
    tenyorkIMG_0919.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 830
  • tenyorkIMG_1038.JPG
    tenyorkIMG_1038.JPG
    892.3 KB · Views: 612
I think 10 York has come together very nicely. I was sceptical early on when I saw some of the glass, but I am glad to be proven wrong.

It also fills in the Southcore skyline very nicely from many angles.

I find it interesting that people are so surprised by how this building turned out. I guess everyone's image of Tridel was tainted because of 300 Front at the time, but this building was always obviously going to turn out well. Here's a few reasons why, in order of importance: curtain wall cladding, minimal balconies (and especially, no aA wraparound balcony garbage), unique shape, Wallman Architects. It's no surprise that this building has turned out well; for me personally, it's definitely in the top 10 buildings to go up since 2000 in this city, and that includes office and residential.

I find it interesting that people are so surprised by how this building turned out. I guess everyone's image of Tridel was tainted because of 300 Front at the time, but this building was always obviously going to turn out well. Here's a few reasons why, in order of importance: curtain wall cladding, minimal balconies (and especially, no aA wraparound balcony garbage), unique shape, Wallman Architects. It's no surprise that this building has turned out well; for me personally, it's definitely in the top 10 buildings to go up since 2000 in this city, and that includes office and residential.

It turned out Okay, not spectacular by even Toronto's standard. I like how the Podium turned out but the tower just gets lost amidst all those GRAY glasses. It could have stand out better with Black or Bronze glass.
That said, people's criticism of Tridel is valid because despite their vast number of projects in the city mostly in visible and important areas, Tridel cannot boast of any of their their projects as architectural landmark.

Tridel did a good job with the Republic Of Yonge And Eglinton and this building's arguably a step up for them. Otherwise, architecturally, their projects suck. They do know their public well though. I'll grant them that. Tridel purchasers/investors just love those kitschy, Scarlet O'Hara/Joan Crawford lobby stairs they're so famous for.

Tridel did a good job with the Republic Of Yonge And Eglinton and this building's arguably a step up for them.
I've seen (at least what I interpret to be) a clear progression in design for Tridel buildings over the last few years. aA, Teeple, 3XN. All improvements over earlier choices

^^^I wouldn't call 300 Front or Aqualina progressions. Regressions, maybe. aA, Teeple and 3XN won't matter much if Tridel--the reigning queen of "The Cheapening"--takes their designs and executes them as dismally as it can get away with, which in this town is pretty dismal indeed.

Last edited:
^^^I wouldn't call 300 Front or Aqualina progressions. Regressions, maybe.
I definitely agree with that part. I guess time will tell with the aA, Teeple, and 3XN projects.

Back