News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Surely if the subway doesn't stop at the red lights in the tunnel, there will be an accident!

You're well aware what I mean by red lights. We are talking about traffic lights. On the street. Which subways do not have to deal with.

You're well aware what I mean by red lights. We are talking about traffic lights. On the street. Which subways do not have to deal with.
I have no clue what you are talking about. Subways don't run on streets with traffic lights. No one has ever said that they do. Either way I assumed what you meant, it made absolutely no sense at all.

I have no idea why you thing there would be streets and traffic lights in a subway tunnel.

I have no clue what you are talking about. Subways don't run on streets with traffic lights. No one has ever said that they do. Either way I assumed what you meant, it made absolutely no sense at all.

I have no idea why you thing there would be streets and traffic lights in a subway tunnel.

I am so done with you.

I am so done with you.
My gosh ... if I'd only known it was so easy! Who'd have thought that all the debating your head-in-the-sand transit ideas wouldn't do it ... but merely the definition of the word subway would! Which of course, your totally wrong about ... given we do have signs for pedestrian subways in Toronto!

Wow ... you really made my day!

My gosh ... if I'd only known it was so easy! Who'd have thought that all the debating your head-in-the-sand transit ideas wouldn't do it ... but merely the definition of the word subway would! Which of course, your totally wrong about ... given we do have signs for pedestrian subways in Toronto!

Wow ... you really made my day!

I just realized I used the wrong phrase. So let me rephrase it

I. Have. Had. Enough. Of. You....

[video=youtube;5b1a-hqvGNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1a-hqvGNI[/video]

Obviously, the subway section of Eglinton ends when the LRT surfaces (and hits traffic lights). If the Shepard LRT connect into Don Mills Station, does that mean the existing Sheppard stub stops being a subway?

Obviously, the subway section of Eglinton ends when the LRT surfaces (and hits traffic lights). If the Shepard LRT connect into Don Mills Station, does that mean the existing Sheppard stub stops being a subway?

Those are different technologies. Eglinton is one line.

I've got a question for the LRT advocates, if the Eglinton LRT through the central tunnel can quality as a subway line, how would you guys define this?

2537653018_e76ff0c32f.jpg

Boston_SLtunnel.jpg

silverline.jpg

I define it as a really expensive tunnel which will require diesel fume ventilation, lots of buses, and a lot of extremely attentive and talented drivers to navigate such narrow tunnels, while still providing none of the comfort or capacity of rail.

Bus drivers have to slow to a crawl just to get in & out of the Lawrence Station bus tunnels without crashing into a wall... and that's a tunnel measured in metres, not kilometres. Surely you know this.

Last edited:
^^ We call it The Silver Lie, the biggest mistake in Boston's transit history.

It's 5 years old, the tunnel's leaking and the concrete road bed is already sinking, cracking and full of potholes. The buses can never go quicker than ~30 kph max and it still feels like a roller coaster ride. It doesn't, however, require fume ventilation, because it uses dual mode trolleybuses that require a lengthy and cumbersome switch of mode at the entrance/exit of the tunnel.

Back