News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

They contradict themselves in their own marketing.

1000031421.jpg

When Taggart originally proposed this project, prior to Katasa buying it out, they had a far more clever way to market it as Glebe Adjacent. 'Glebe Annex'.

1000031423.jpg

When Taggart originally proposed this project, prior to Katasa buying it out, they had a far more clever way to market it as Glebe Adjacent. 'Glebe Annex'.

That actually is the neighbourhood name

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 11.09.08 PM.png

It's a shame the red brick got axed, turned out nice enough on the Norman building that also had a generic RLA design.

I have never in my life noticed that on Google Maps or heard the area referred to as Glebe Annex. Does anyone know if that's a recent development? Still, it should remain marketed as part of the Glebe Annex.

I have never in my life noticed that on Google Maps or heard the area referred to as Glebe Annex. Does anyone know if that's a recent development? Still, it should remain marketed as part of the Glebe Annex.
Google often have neighbourhoods that don't actually "exist" per-say with most locals, but some groups actually push for a non-common identity, so it gets added. As well, people make some neighbourhoods up and recommend them to Google who just adds it. If you see a "neighbourhood" called Waroncarson village", it wouldn't have come from me

To be fair, by some definitions the are north of Carling and West of Bronson is considered part of the Glebe in an official sense because there's nothing else to call it. But walking through it, it would never occur to you that you're in the Glebe. The southern section between the real Glebe and Dow's Lake is loveley. North of Carling it's really just part of the random hodge-podge between Bronson and Preston.

Oh god...they have put these signs up on all sides. This has instantly made it on to my top 10 'Ugly Ottawa' list. I have never supported The Glebe Retired Lawyer NIMBY/BANANA club, but for once I actually hope they take action against something.

DJI_0731-HDR.jpg

Yeah. Tis makes it so much worse. Rendering showed a low-key, elegant building. The entire mechanical box and its signs absolutely ruins it.

Back