News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

We literally, LITERALLY could not find a way to lose more than we did tonight.

Handed to us, twice?

When do heads roll?

We literally, LITERALLY could not find a way to lose more than we did tonight.

Handed to us, twice?

When do heads roll?
the heads rolled last year… anyone who thought on-field changes in results would happen this year doesn’t understand the game. neither management nor coaches step on the field to play and they inherited last years team. it takes time to find enough of the right players to change the on field psyche and results and the number of players that have dressed for the team this year as part of that search is mind boggling. the talent and psyche of those that will take to the field for their last game is better than those that took to the field in their first game. anyone familiar with the game knew this year would be one long training camp for next year, not that that makes it any easier to watch.

They most certainly inherited the team and there have been some glimmers of hope; we were not expecting a complete turnaround this year, but basic football skills seem to forgotten by the O and D. I like your analogy that this is a tryout for next season, but where is the E for Effort?

The number of times they simply give up on the ball is disheartening.

Chris Jones isn't going anywhere. 4 year contract and with the stupid new football operations cap the CFL implemented, if we fire him that would be TWO "cap hits" as we are still paying for Elizondo's firing.

So hard to watch the stadium go from 30k + to what it is today. Winning cures a lot but enough of this name change curse crap. We haven't been a good team for a few seasons now. Let's hope Jones has a decent off-season with FA's and recruits he brings up from the States.

I'll watch the last game but I don't think we have a shot against the Lions.

Third in the League in attendance with a blotto season!!! The CFL should consider moving the 8 and 9 teams before the League blows up again. Maybe the Montreal team goes to Trois-Rivières (close enough to the Québec City and to the Montreal Market area to draw fans from both of those Cities without losing the media market that is already in place); and move the Toronto team (despicable attendance record) to maybe London (London/Hamilton rivalry) or to Windsor (small City, but it might draw from Detroit across the river -- the Windsor Tigers? 😎 -- picking up on a major U.S. media market and a better way to introduce Canadian rules to a U.S. market).

17,682/20025 = 88%

23,786/54,302 = 44%

I know which stadium I'd rather watch a game at.

^^^
even worse, those are probably the sum of paid and comped tickets, not actual attendance.
^^
given the league and the teams need revenue from media sales and souvenir sales more than attendance, that would be a big step backwards (who is going to buy a souvenir windsor argonauts jersey at either the toronto or detroit airport?).
^
agreed, although at some point the return and the experience starts to go the other way (i.e. 3,000/3,500 at foote field isn't exactly a major league experience even at 86%).

A fun first night of spirit parties.

Great turnout and variety for families, solid party rooms for the rest of us, but god damn $9 for a 355ml can of Pil and $10 for a tiny slice of pizza?

Come on now.

Also, what on earth are the Elks thinking with them choosing a separate venue 15mins south of the main site where ALL of the other teams are situated.

Stupid.

Well that was fun!
Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 10.56.49 PM.png

Back