News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

North and a little bit west -- north of MacU -- you heard it here first (and often). The land north of Rogers Place is not quite big enough.

1710437954428.png

The team and CFL would be best served by moving kickoff up to 1pm due to the Oilers game. I'll probably be attending both the game and Oilers watch parties of they do. Very unsure if I'll be doing this unless kickoff is moved.

Not sure if any of you know someone that works for the EE, but this decision will have a big impact on attendance imo.

EE/Sask is the only game on Saturday so they could easily move it to the afternoon. But this is the CFL, so........
They'll be happy with the 1200 people in attendance and the 4500 watching on tv.

The team and CFL would be best served by moving kickoff up to 1pm due to the Oilers game. I'll probably be attending both the game and Oilers watch parties of they do. Very unsure if I'll be doing this unless kickoff is moved.

Not sure if any of you know someone that works for the EE, but this decision will have a big impact on attendance imo.
It'll be moved. Count on it.

Yup
---

Elks Home Opener presented by Purolator kicks off at 2:00 p.m.​

This Saturday will be a day to remember for Edmonton sports fans.

Saturday, June 8 marks the start of the 75th season of Double E football, as the Edmonton Elks open the CFL season against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. With the Edmonton Oilers advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, which opens Saturday in Sunrise, Florida, the Elks are ensuring fans will have a full day of sports action.

The Green and Gold's historic season opener will now kick off at 2 p.m. MDT, allowing fans the opportunity to watch the Green and Gold as a precursor to the Oilers return to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time since 2006.

"We share in Edmonton's collective excitement around the Oilers run to the Stanley Cup Final," said Elks President and CEO Rick LeLacheur. "There's nothing better than football on a beautiful afternoon, and that's exactly what Saturday will provide, as we open our historic 75th season. Saturday promises to be a great day for Edmonton sports fans."

Tickets for Saturday's game start at $22 for what promises to be an action-packed day at Commonwealth Stadium. All previously printed tickets with the old start time will be accepted at the gates.

Game day features the largest alumni autograph session in Club history pre-game (now from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.), a pre-game flyover from the Royal Canadian Airforce, debut of theElks Fan Park, and a halftime celebration of Edmonton's 14 Grey Cup championships.

Full details on all game day activations can be found by clicking here.

Saturday's game is the culmination of what promises to be the busiest regular season week in Double E history, as Kickoff to 75 Week features public events every day. For more details on the full week of activities, click here.

Back