News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I thought I'd put in a little plug for a new residents association east of The Junction:

http://www.southjunctiontriangle.ca/

Also....take note of tomorrow's "Wallace Junction Focus Meeting" that the City is holding:
http://www.southjunctiontriangle.ca/WallaceJunctionFocusAreaMeeting

Cheers,
Vic

Hi Vic,

Check out a post I put under "Davenport West" regarding a free native backyard tree for homeowners. The project area also covers the entire South Junction Triangle area. The post includes a web site link etc.
This project goes until the end of May.

Hi Vic,

Check out a post I put under "Davenport West" regarding a free native backyard tree for homeowners. The project area also covers the entire South Junction Triangle area. The post includes a web site link etc.
This project goes until the end of May.

Hi Lilibet,

Yes, saw that. Actually have seen your flyers around the neighbourhood too. We're thinking of getting new trees for the front and backyards, although space is somewhat limited so I'm not sure we'd pass site inspection (e.g. 5mx5m space). There was a bit of a problem with concrete fetishism from the previous homeowners....

I really like the work you're doing. I'd love to see more of the neighbourhood expand the tree canopy.

Cheers,
Vic

Hi Lilibet,

Yes, saw that. Actually have seen your flyers around the neighbourhood too. We're thinking of getting new trees for the front and backyards, although space is somewhat limited so I'm not sure we'd pass site inspection (e.g. 5mx5m space). There was a bit of a problem with concrete fetishism from the previous homeowners....

I really like the work you're doing. I'd love to see more of the neighbourhood expand the tree canopy.

Cheers,
Vic

Thanks Vic, it's good to get feedback like this so that we know the word is spreading. Green Here are also doing great educational work with neighbourhood kids, as well as working on asphalt removal from school playgrounds and increasing the green space for the kids.
Good luck with your tree planting plan!:D

Thanks Vic, it's good to get feedback like this so that we know the word is spreading. Green Here are also doing great educational work with neighbourhood kids, as well as working on asphalt removal from school playgrounds and increasing the green space for the kids.
Good luck with your tree planting plan!:D

Hi Lilibet, I completely missed the post where you left the link to green here, I'll post in on my Junction Parents site under "local links".

To all Junction Area Parents!

If you would like to sell your home-made art/crafts/apparel/photography/jewellery..etc but can't afford to pay for advertising,
contact me and I'll feature your work on Junction Parents site for FREE.

Also, if you own a small business in the Junction area or working on your small business at home, I'd like to help you with free advertising.

can anyone recommend a bulk foods store in the area? for stuff like quinoa, spices, lentils. also, know any places that sell whey protein? i know i've seen some hemp protein powder at the sweet potato on dundas west, but i haven't seen any whey around.

the new owners at cool hand of a girl seem pretty nice. i'm glad it's open again.

can anyone recommend a bulk foods store in the area? for stuff like quinoa, spices, lentils. also, know any places that sell whey protein? i know i've seen some hemp protein powder at the sweet potato on dundas west, but i haven't seen any whey around.

the new owners at cool hand of a girl seem pretty nice. i'm glad it's open again.

The strip mall with the Price Chopper near Dundas and Runnymede had a bulk foods store. I'm not sure if it's still there though. Google says there's such a store at 1679 St Clair Avenue West, which is east of Old Weston Road. Neither are in the Junction, but fairly close.

Community Meeting, Wednesday May 28 7:00pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
South Junction Triangle Residents' Association
http://www.southjunctiontriangle.ca/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
A new Residents' Association for our Neighbourhood!

Attention residents of the South Junction Triangle:

Great news, introducing the South Junction Triangle Residents' Association (SJTRA)! A group of friends and neighbours committed to improving the spaces where we live.

WHAT: Community Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, May 28, 2008
TIME: 7:00pm to 8:45pm
PLACE: Perth Avenue Public School, gymnasium. 14 Ruskin Ave.

Meet the SJTRA steering committee members and our special guests. Also present: representatives from many other community groups, friends of the community, and Castlepoint Studio Partners Limited:
* Adam Giambrone. City councillor Ward 18 Davenport
* Tony Ruprecht. MPP, Davenport
* Mario Silva. MP, Davenport
* Staff Inspector Thomas Russell. Unit Commander, 11 Division Toronto Police

These SJTRA sub-committees are looking for members:
* Environmental committee
* Development and Planning Committee
* Safety Committee
* Community Initiatives & Beautification Committee

Want to: Learn more? Get involved? Speak out? Be a part of a sub-committee? Meet neighbours who share your concerns and ideas? Join us on Wednesday May 28th, we look forward to meeting you!

Please visit our website at: http://www.southjunctiontriangle.ca/
You will find more information about the group, a local events listing, message forums, a gallery of local photos and more.

You can email us at info@southjunctiontriangle.ca if you have any questions.

Junction Lantern Making & Summer Solstice Walk​

Two free lantern making afternoons at the Dundas & Pacific Train Station, Saturday June 7th & 14th at 2pm. Make lanterns out of cans, sticks & tissue paper.

Then on June 21st, when the sun goes down, walk through our interesting alleys, side streets & main drag.

www.thejunctioncity.com
www.cibjunction.googlepages.com

cyclona

Junction Lantern Making & Summer Solstice Walk​

Two free lantern making afternoons at the Dundas & Pacific Train Station, Saturday June 7th & 14th at 2pm. Make lanterns out of cans, sticks & tissue paper.

Then on June 21st, when the sun goes down, walk through our interesting alleys, side streets & main drag.

www.thejunctioncity.com
www.cibjunction.googlepages.com

cyclona

We had a great time on Saturday, thanks so much for organising this event! We'll definitely attend next Saturday to make more lanterns and see the live band, we'll probably hang out all day and stick around for the Solstice Walk too!

I have to say, I feel so lucky to be living in this area.. :D

Back