News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Beet (operating inside The Passenger, corner Pacific/Dundas) will have its last day this Saturday, February 28. They're still looking for a new location...I guess that means the condo project going up on the corner is finally going to be underway?

Well the rest of the businesses along that block have already vacated...

There's a space right to the west of Indie Ale House that's gone unleased for probably a decade or more - the Beet could go there. Or into the old Sweet Potato location.

A building renovation near the tail end of the main Junction strip on Dundas, just east of Runnymede:

20210424_103343.jpg

The Junction Farmers Market has been moved to Baird Park at Keele & Humberside, just south of Annette:

A place called PB Tasty is opening up on Dundas, just west of Pacific Ave:

20210605_091729.jpg

Always found this piece of old machinery that's on display inside the Govan Brown building on Vine Ave to be pretty cool:

20210605_091145.jpg
20210605_091159.jpg

The Starbucks at the corner of Dundas and Quebec tried to renew their lease recently, but the landlord chose not to - instead, a pot shop will be opening in that prime space.

Disgusting.

That's odd. But I never went to Starbucks anyway. The area has too many great independent businesses like Claudia's Coffee across the street to care about a big American chain in the midst of abandoning walkable city locations in favour of suburban drive-through locations.

That's odd. But I never went to Starbucks anyway. The area has too many great independent businesses like Claudia's Coffee across the street to care about a big American chain in the midst of abandoning walkable city locations in favour of suburban drive-through locations.

I agree. I lament the loss of what had become a cozy community space on an awesome corner location, not that it was a corporate chain. A prime spot like that should not be a pot shop.

StreetARToronto (StART) Runnymede Underpass- Community Feedback

We are excited to announce that mural artwork will be coming to your neighbourhood! Three (3) artists (Adrian Hayles, Anya Mielniczek & Gosia Komorski) have been shortlisted to create a mural on the Runnymede Road Underpass (south of St. Clair Ave W) and the south-facing wall of Junction Place located at 731 Runnymede Rd. An Advisory Panel of local community members have come up with themes and the art call that each of the shortlisted artists have responded to, and one of these concepts will be selected to be painted in the Fall of 2021.

Please click here to view each of the proposals and to provide feedback.

The survey closes at 11:55pm on Sunday August 1, 2021.

runnym.JPG

Noctua Bread will be opening at 3014 Dundas Street West, former location of the Vesuvio Restaurant:

Just north of the main Junction area, but looks like Cawthra Ave could be the new Geary in the West End. ;)

I also think of nearby Pelham Ave. as a "mini Geary", as in having some industrial/commercial buildings backing on to the same tracks. But not bursting with hip businesses (yet?).

Back