News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Award-winning immersive art walk returns to The Junction

Window Wonderland—Toronto’s award-winning immersive urban art walk—returns for its third year, now until January 1st, 2023.

2459 Dundas Street West. Picture taken 17
March.
A80A0F93-52DE-463B-B419-BC2333E68524.jpeg

This new alignment for Perth at Sterling looks ready to open. I think that a new park will take over the car park and current alignment of Perth in the future. Photo taken 8 April.
4E8B6849-CCA3-4C5C-A43C-CF86F4C1C2F8.jpeg

Don’t know when this was completed but nice intensification at 3333 Dundas West. I think about 8 units. Photos taken 12 April.
EB25718C-1861-45DD-A19C-2E1F50179CBD.jpeg
CCCC58AB-03D6-4EE1-AAE4-7D60E0D0BF35.jpeg
6B92142F-FCC2-46BC-B866-A1B3ABC040D9.jpeg
F4733AB7-2B01-4518-BAB1-2BAF8226EDDE.jpeg

New UK grocery shop "From There To Here" at the eastern foot of St. John's Road (17 St. John's Road at Clendenan). Terrible SEO and no social media or web presence so you'll just have to take my word for it. They've taken over the inventory and suppliers of the recently closed Flowers & More that was on Jane/Annette. New owner, very friendly and personable. I picked up Walkers crisps, Wispa chocolate bars, Buttons, Lyle's Golden Syrup and Marmite. Lots more that I didn't check out in the fridge/frozen section. If you're seeking British stuff, it's a great new option in the neighbourhood.

IMG_2852.jpeg

This little beauty right next to Junction House looks partially occupied. Taken 25 July.

IMG_3518.jpeg
IMG_3519.jpeg
IMG_3520.jpeg

I guarantee that this will be part of a land assembly and there will be a proposal of at least 40s. I would say that the folks in the sfh on the neighbouring streets will go ballistic but they are probably getting used to these by now!
IMG_4308.jpeg
IMG_4309.jpeg

Isn't that on Roncy?

Nope 2377 Dundas W, at Edna, immediately north of the subway station.

I have to say though, I'd like to know where @rdaner got 40s from............

The site to the south of the station on Bloor got 27s; the site across the street is 27s; there is an ask to the north (opposite side of street) for 36s, that hasn't yet been granted.

That site has no SFH adjacent, this would.

40s seems.......unlikely.

To add, the site itself is quite small, but I had a look at the logical assembly, which would be northward to the next block.

The sites are only ~30M deep from Dundas; that's problematic for anything tall.

Not impossible mind you, but a standard depth on a standard floor plate is 25M, so that leaves very little room for setbacks from the property line.

This can can be managed by more a rectangular shape than a square; but that favours midrise over tall building as a form.

Last edited:
You make many good points. There are a few reasons why I mentioned 40s. The first is the location next to not only a subway station but also the UPX and GO station at Bloor West. The second, as you have pointed out, is that there are several projects in the 30-35s range that have already been built or approved and who knows how much height the developers of the Loblaws site south of here and the Shoppers site will eventually ask for in the end. Finally the climate has changed so much over the last few years that I don't see why anyone wouldn't be tempted to push the envelope as is being done at Pape and Danforth. Anyways this is pure speculation but the amazing location at two major transit lines, several arterial roads and 5 minutes walk to four high amenity neighbourhoods will encourage much more development.

2790 Dundas Street West, the property at the corner at Dundas & Indian Grove (2 blocks east of Keele), is being listed for sale at $6 million. It currently houses the Bull BBQ Pit and a laundromat.

w7291448_1.jpg

Back