News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I find the Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch combo worse. Anywhere near those stores, you can smell their stinky perfumes. To me, Lush actually smells good and I'm not surprised the scent is that strong. It's a store full of soaps. It could be intentional or not.
Hollister and A&F on the other hand, are clothing stores. Their strong perfume smell is more a blatant attempt to reach way beyond the boundaries of their leased property. They must spray their perfumes on fans or something. It is obviously intentional.

Far too strong of a scent, and they don't even smell good.

I haven't walked by a Lush in a while, but I don't recall the smell being THAT strong. That said, I like the smell at A&F.

The smell is a pain in the ass.. as much as I like A&F, their stores turn me right off the stuff. I have to be in this good mood to be able to go in (trying to ignore the obnoxious smells, sounds and cavern lighting) to pick my shit and get out!

The smell is a pain in the ass.. as much as I like A&F, their stores turn me right off the stuff. I have to be in this good mood to be able to go in (trying to ignore the obnoxious smells, sounds and cavern lighting) to pick my shit and get out!

The obvious price gauging doesn't seem to deter you?

H&M does it so much better on every level except maybe quality(price, selection, non-offensive stores, employess etc). Although H&M isn't so much for the american high-school jock wannabe and actually has decent fashion from time to time.

I don't have any scent sensitivities, so it doesn't bother me. But the scents eminating from A&F and Hollister stores always struck me as being similar in a way to Axe bodyspray and similar crap -- unsubtle and sickly scents designed to appeal to teenagers.

Yes, Lush gives me a major headache everytime I walk near one...which is just one reason I avoid Queen West between Spadina and Beverly these days.
I don't avoid Queen West, but in that area I usually try to walk on the other side of the street.

There is no need for them to smell that terrible. I've been to many other stores with similar products and they don't smell anywhere near as bad outside the store.

I tend to mouth-breathe through the perfume counters at department stores, but Lush does offend more than average.

Back