News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Currently watching the TV adaptation of Asimov's Foundation - this piece got stick in my head for almost a week:

AoD

You should check out Bear McCreary's score for Masters of the Universe: Revelation:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got into them right towards the end of the Tarja period.

Anette was good.

Floor rocks.

Musically (composition) probably prefer the earlier years a bit.

But for stage presentation, Floor in a heartbeat.

Tarja had the best pipes, but Floor isn't that far behind.

Anette is a good singer, but more suited for pop. She couldn't do the Tarja songs justice. The albums she was on were decent though. Floor is an improvement on Anette as far as technical chops go, but I don't find their recent albums memorable. They're also very bloated.

You should check out Bear McCreary's score for Masters of the Universe: Revelation:

" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The music is fine, as far as it goes.......I was looking at the animation for the character Captain Steroids.........oh, excuse me, He-Man.......though....and thinking they've remade the face into he-kid.

The music is fine, as far as it goes.......I was looking at the animation for the character Captain Steroids.........oh, excuse me, He-Man.......though....and thinking they've remade the face into he-kid.

They've certainly made him look younger than his original 80's counterpart, but I'm sure that's a deliberate strategy. The animation is top notch however, and I'm relieved that it isn't CGI.

Another fellow metalhead! I confess that I have a soft spot for Battle Beast.

Oi! Brand new Battle Beast just dropped today - yet another epic, slamming track!

So...... this is the NEW music thread..............but since we don't have an OLD music thread, so far as I know...........I thought I'd drop this comment and link here.

I was bouncing around Youtube........listening to new and contemporary stuff...........when some how the algorithm decided to offer me 'Beach Boys' in the list.........

A sound I enjoyed...........a very long time ago.........

At any rate, 2 clips later............I see something that blows my mind............I knew they got back together for Kokomo in the late 80s.....

Don't think they did anything original after that..........

But I was taken aback to see they did a live performance stadium show in Japan, in 2012......including Brian Wilson........
At the time........Mike Love (lead singer) was 71 years old..........; subsequently, w/o Wilson, many of the originals were together again as late as 2019.....at which point Love was 78.......
How utterly extraordinary.....

Clip of the 2012 offering:

Last edited:
So...... this is the NEW music thread..............but since we don't have an OLD music thread, so far as I know...........I thought I'd drop this comment and link here.

I was bouncing around Youtube........listening to new and contemporary stuff...........when some how the algorithm decided to offer me 'Beach Boys' in the list.........

A sound I enjoyed...........a very long time ago.........

At any rate, 2 clips later............I see something that blows my mind............I knew they got back together for Kokomo in the late 80s.....

Don't think they did anything original after that..........

But I was taken aback to see they did a live performance stadium show in Japan, in 2012......including Brian Wilson........
At the time........Mike Love (lead singer) was 71 years old..........; subsequently, w/o Wilson, many of the originals were together again as late as 2019.....at which point Love was 78.......
How utterly extraordinary.....

Clip of the 2012 offering:

This made my Sunday morning.... been while since I last listened to beach boys :)

Back