News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This must be the ugliest housing renovation I have ever seen.

IMG_1988 copy.jpg

IMG_1989.JPG

And I say "renovation" because believe it or not the original house was not torn down, but was actually incorporated into this shit. As you can see in this pic that I took during its construction.

14387137009_7f15b8948c_b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1988 copy.jpg
    IMG_1988 copy.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,238
  • IMG_1989.JPG
    IMG_1989.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,308
  • 14387137009_7f15b8948c_b.jpg
    14387137009_7f15b8948c_b.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 1,152
An abomination. Two crap EIFS styles in one structure. On the brown side, they would have done better to just nail raw styrofoam onto their siding.

Wow. They succeeded in turning a profoundly ugly house into an even uglier house.

Homeowner to contractor: "We would like our home's exterior to replicate the look of a poorly built storage building in some low rent industrial park. But with French balconies."

Mary Shelley would be proud.

AoD

The building with brown EIFS could easily be decorated with faux-candy and faux-icing.

That would make the witch in Hansel and Gretel proud.

There's way too many people with more money than taste. Makes me sick.

It's like what I say about Trump supporters--for some, money brings taste and discernment; while for others, it brings the freedom to set one's own parameters for taste and discernment, and if you don't like it, eff your feelings.

Saw a blizzard today. White stuff blowing everywhere. A few weeks back saw a bad one in North York blowing over thousands of square metres. Same downtown last year, summer polystyrene snowstorm. Gotta crack down on this stuff. There are no rules. The people installing it sand it flat as if it's drywall, outdoors, on a platform, in the wind. Styrofoam garbage everywhere. I drop one shred of plastic anywhere, I go well out of my way to pick it up. Meanwhile companies/organizations release it by the cubic metre freely.

Reactions: vic

Back