Renders & Siteplan:

FO2U2KK.png

4BkTWIJ.pngbrQ2yT7.png1HBxRW8.pngh4UazdI.pnglnrkS9v.png3SMKJRg.png

Attachments

• Wph4oW6.png
    Wph4oW6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
No amount of yellow panels could save this monstrosity...if they even bother with them...

20240302_130935.jpg
20240302_131017-Pano.jpg

It's funny that the Beaverbrook MEGANIMBYs fought tooth and nail against this perfectly fine plan and prompted a sale of the property and construction of a flat walls of soulless charcoal.

24521731524_144d1e1dd1_o.jpg

Wait, you mean that this building was "supposed" to look like the renders? Developers really do get away with murder in this city

I think he means the public argued against what was a reasonable proposal so intensely the developer just dumped the property to a company who doesn't care and smashed through this travesty.

What stands out is how narrow that part looks, but also, is that brick brown? Though I appreciate brown over charcoal, this looks far worse than even the latest renderings. It's devoid of any detail or architectural flourish.

In any case, this looks like something that would be built in old Gatineau. I agree, the initial proposal was much better, and include a park instead of a surface parking lot.

Sad that the parking takes up more space than the building itself. They could've done another building if they had situated the parking underground.

Ok, so first off, sucks that what was supposed to be a park is a giant parking lot. Here's the initial proposal:

1721748831983.png

Devil's advocate, the parking lot has some landscaping (though I wish they had proper trees) and a pathway system. Colour of the project is not charcoal, but this dark reddish brown. Reminds me of some old Gatineau projects from the 2000s.

Back