News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Riverhawks clinch a spot in the West Coast League Playoffs!

The Edmonton Riverhawks will host the first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday, August 10th at 7:00 pm MT. The doors to the party will open at 5:30 pm.

The Hawks will be facing the Bellingham Bells, sparking a promising new rivalry with the baseball powerhouse from Washington State.

Due to travel considerations, Edmonton will host the opening game of the three-game series, with Games 2 and 3 (if necessary) taking place in Bellingham.

Tickets are on sale now! Please note that our general admission seating has been converted to a reserved layout to provide a smooth stadium experience for our fans, as we anticipate a packed house for playoffs!

Come join the fun as we highlight the season’s top party moments with some of your favourite guests, contests, and entertainment, all alongside a historic baseball matchup for the Riverhawks organization.

Riverhawks clinch a spot in the West Coast League Playoffs!

The Edmonton Riverhawks will host the first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday, August 10th at 7:00 pm MT. The doors to the party will open at 5:30 pm.

The Hawks will be facing the Bellingham Bells, sparking a promising new rivalry with the baseball powerhouse from Washington State.

Due to travel considerations, Edmonton will host the opening game of the three-game series, with Games 2 and 3 (if necessary) taking place in Bellingham.

Tickets are on sale now! Please note that our general admission seating has been converted to a reserved layout to provide a smooth stadium experience for our fans, as we anticipate a packed house for playoffs!

Come join the fun as we highlight the season’s top party moments with some of your favourite guests, contests, and entertainment, all alongside a historic baseball matchup for the Riverhawks organization.
I'd been meaning to get to a game since I used to go to Trappers games and Intercontinental Cup games with my dad all of the time but the season just flew by while dealing with moving logistics. Next year...

But I remember passing by one game day and I'm happy they're drawing good crowds.

It also really says something to think that bureaucrats in the City wanted to get rid of this ballpark.

I'm not sure they were recommending it be demolished, but there was interest in moving the Rossdale development plan forward with lots of new housing and that included taking the parking space for the facility. So there were questions about how viable the stadium might be without parking - this is Edmonton after all.

I'm not sure they were recommending it be demolished, but there was interest in moving the Rossdale development plan forward with lots of new housing and that included taking the parking space for the facility. So there were questions about how viable the stadium might be without parking - this is Edmonton after all.

Parking has always been weirdly primitive and terrible there going back to the old park,. My Dad and I always ended up walking to the games from as far away as the Legislature because they just had a crappy oft-muddy field to park in that was quite slow to get in and out of and it really hasn't improved much. What they even have there can only cover a very scant portion of the park's capacity. So someone has to be figuring out something else if they're drawing these kinds of crowds.

Parking has always been weirdly primitive and terrible there going back to the old park,. My Dad and I always ended up walking to the games from as far away as the Legislature because they just had a crappy oft-muddy field to park in that was quite slow to get in and out of and it really hasn't improved much. What they even have there can only cover a very scant portion of the park's capacity. So someone has to be figuring out something else if they're drawing these kinds of crowds.
From Wiki

"The Trappers were immediately popular with the community, often above the league average in attendance, attracting almost half a million fans every season.[3] A total of 8 million fans came to see them play over the course of their 24-year existence."

Best season was 1996 where average attendance was 7,479 - also the season where we had our best record and won a league title (1 of 4 with others being 1984, 1997, 2002).

In 1984, the Trappers (then the Triple-A affiliate of the California Angels) became the first Canadian franchise to win a championship.[

There was a significant push about 5 years ago to demo the ballpark in favour of some (stupid) canals that were going to save the day and put Edmonton on the international tourist map akin to San Antonio, Fort Lauderdale or even Oklahoma.

There was a significant push about 5 years ago to demo the ballpark in favour of some (stupid) canals that were going to save the day and put Edmonton on the international tourist map akin to San Antonio, Fort Lauderdale or even Oklahoma.
Just like the gondola.

I can understand ideas being floated at that point because the Prospects weren't exactly filling seats and the operations of the park were a bit lacklustre. Things didn't really take off until Randy Gregg and Baseball Edmonton came along.

Side note: they seem to be pretty keen to operate in ways that cooperate with the Rossdale redevelopment, and I'm sure there's ways that this can be done where the ballpark enhances things.

@RiverhawksGames

How many folks attending this
@WCLBaseball
game in #Edmonton? Try 7,848!!
@EdmRiverhawks
vs
@bhambells
GUq1z8jWAAAb_wo

That was a fun game to be at. Second time for me this year. And a perfect Summer evening for Baseball.

However they do need to have roving food vendors. lines were horrendous. The deliver to your seats were not available.

And I see I'm in that photo 1st base line wheel chair seating. Just to the right of the wheelchair wheels.

Back