News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Tim's outside Toronto being "well-run"? Maybe - if service speed wasn't a measure - it's geriatric.

AoD

But if you go into some of the really small town Tim's, especially in the off season, they're running at 'locals' speed, and the locals are quite okay with it. If you're in a hurry, sucks to be you.

I know two Tim's franchisees (multiple stores etc., which Tim's favours). Both could do a fine impression of Scrooge McDuck in his money room.

But if you go into some of the really small town Tim's, especially in the off season, they're running at 'locals' speed, and the locals are quite okay with it. If you're in a hurry, sucks to be you.

I know two Tim's franchisees (multiple stores etc., which Tim's favours). Both could do a fine impression of Scrooge McDuck in his money room.

That being said, the people running the store are likely locals in small towns. Zebulon at the cash, Agnes making the sandwiches, Mildred making your coffee and Jebediah working the drive through.

Ze....Zeb....what?

Hey man, that human speed in small towns is the correct and healthy way to live. If you're in a rush you've already lost. Now if you're in a rush and attempting to get a coffee at Tim's.....whoa lawd....we've given up on ya.

When I moved to Fredericton, NB in 2004 I thought I'd die in line-ups at the local Timmies. I swear everyone's grandmother worked there. And then there's the chatter about the price of burlap or whatever and about how Jonny from up north is coming to visit, and I'm behind just screaming in my head, STFU and give me my coffee. But when in Rome.... so I wait and politely order and even chime in that the price of burlap may come down.

When I moved to Fredericton, NB in 2004 I thought I'd die in line-ups at the local Timmies. I swear everyone's grandmother worked there. And then there's the chatter about the price of burlap or whatever and about how Jonny from up north is coming to visit, and I'm behind just screaming in my head, STFU and give me my coffee. But when in Rome.... so I wait and politely order and even chime in that the price of burlap may come down.

That's why you're back here.

AoD

As a born-and-raised Torontonian, this sounds like my worst nightmare.

I lived in a small town for a whole lot of years. Tim's are the local meet up places. And don't sit in a "regular's" spot. And I know a couple of franchisees too. Scrooge McDuck indeed, whilst complaining about the quality of job applicants.

I lived in a small town for a whole lot of years. Tim's are the local meet up places. And don't sit in a "regular's" spot. And I know a couple of franchisees too. Scrooge McDuck indeed, whilst complaining about the quality of job applicants.

I know a franchisee from Halifax who owns a few Tims out that way. He is not hurting for cash.

I'd suggest the three main chains in the UK - Costa, Cafe Nero and Pret - all do a reasonable job at offering good products. Customer service, not so much, but this is (technically at least) Europe.

Love Pret - almost wish we can have them here (though apparently 35% owned by McD's)!

As to Tim's franchisee's - recall this:

AoD

Ze....Zeb....what?

Hey man, that human speed in small towns is the correct and healthy way to live. If you're in a rush you've already lost. Now if you're in a rush and attempting to get a coffee at Tim's.....whoa lawd....we've given up on ya.

Trust me, deny me my coffee and you will find out how unhealthy it is a way for you to live. :D Having said that, I find that McD is actually far worse than Tim's in Toronto when it comes to speed of service.

AoD

Last edited:
Trust me, deny me my coffee and you will find out how unhealthy it is a way for you to live. :D Having said that, I find that McD is actually far worse than Tim's in Toronto when it comes to speed of service.

AoD

No one's denying you anything. Breathe. ...and trust me, if you require caffeine just to breathe it's too late.

Caffeine crackheads. I know it's a real thing because my old man started complaining of headaches when he cut out his morning coffee.

Man, I quit smoking two weeks ago without issue and nicotine's a hell of a drug.

Anyway, don't get me started on the price of burlap.

Man, I quit smoking two weeks ago without issue and nicotine's a hell of a drug.
Congrats. Keep it up. Addiction to smoking or other drugs will kill you otherwise. In 2018 my dad died from cigarette addiction at aged 69, in 2017 my mother died from alcohol addiction and I believe opiate pills at aged 67. As my dad said when telling my brother and I of his terminal cancer diagnosis, no one gets out of this alive. He was right, everybody dies, it’s inevitable, but you want to get your full nine innings.

I’m 48 now and I’ve never had an addiction because I hate them and the personal weaknesses and initial choices they represent, and this makes me much more a cold turkey person. If I think I’m drinking too much coffee I turn off the tap and it’s camomile tea for two weeks to prove it to myself.

Unless you have a serious circulatory issue or substantially partake, addiction to coffee or caffeine won’t kill you, so if that’s your go to vice, you’re on the right path. Keep it up on the cigarette stoppage, good job.

Last edited:
As a born-and-raised Torontonian, this sounds like my worst nightmare.

As a born-and-raised but now expat Torontonian, it sounds like paradise.

Caffeine crackheads. I know it's a real thing because my old man started complaining of headaches when he cut out his morning coffee.

There was a time when I was working that might as well have had a coffee I/V line, and would get headaches on Saturday when I would only have one or two. Took me a while to connect the dots.

Back