News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Tim Horton's is garbage even compared to Country Style and Krispy Kreme, let alone any "fancy" place. I loved their doughnuts as a kid but now it's all pre-frozen and all of the icing melts after a few hours so I had to look elsewhere. Even as someone who only eats doughnuts like once or twice a year, I find the "Always Fresh" Tim Horton's stuff unacceptable.

The chocolate icing is the grossest - I am not sure how they managed to do it - but it has zero chocolate flavour. The new Boston Cream at McCafe has it beat by a long shot.

AoD

The chocolate icing is the grossest - I am not sure how they managed to do it - but it has zero chocolate flavour. The new Boston Cream at McCafe has it beat by a long shot.

AoD

Ahem, did you not get the memo? Respected members of the UT community, such as yourself are not allowed to eat at McDs.; that they may be better than Tim's is grossly insufficient as a reason to do so!

;)

Ahem, did you not get the memo? Respected members of the UT community, such as yourself are not allowed to eat at McDs.; that they may be better than Tim's is grossly insufficient as a reason to do so!

;)
The Golden Arches are more artisan than Timmies and the former has the reputation of selling barely edible food and beverages. Shame.

Tim Hortons creating Toronto stores with 'similar offering' as Innovation Cafe: CEO

Alicja Siekierska
Yahoo Finance Canada December 4, 2019

This could save the brand. I would go to a location that looked and appeared like that.

There is still no getting away from it though. Timmies coffee is bad. Maybe they can start making espresso based drinks comparable to the other chains, and that would attract someone like me back to the chain.

However, if on a given day I just feel like having a cheap drip coffee instead of a cappuccino, at Starbucks I know I can ask for a medium Pike and get what I want. The equivalent to the medium Pike at Timmies is just their normal, trash coffee.

I wonder if they are still using the same trash coffee blend at these "Innovation Cafes" ?

I was talking with my colleagues recently about how bad Hortons coffee is, and they all said what i said, it used to be better. I remember a few years back drinking Hortons coffee everyday and i don't remember the coffee being this bad. It wasn't great, but it was drinkable and better than the other coffee chains coffee. Over the past few years they must have changed to a cheaper blend.. It's basically sewage water now.

I was talking with my colleagues recently about how bad Hortons coffee is, and they all said what i said, it used to be better. I remember a few years back drinking Hortons coffee everyday and i don't remember the coffee being this bad. It wasn't great, but it was drinkable and better than the other coffee chains coffee. Over the past few years they must have changed to a cheaper blend.. It's basically sewage water now.

Yup - because they basically switched supplier - and McD's picked their old supplier up.

AoD

Yup - because they basically switched supplier - and McD's picked their old supplier up.

AoD

Crazy! That's one way to lose long term customers to other coffee chains. Even my mom quit drinking Horton's coffee. She was one of Tim Horton's first customers, she grew up down the street from the first location back in the 60s in Hamilton.

Crazy! That's one way to lose long term customers to other coffee chains. Even my mom quit drinking Horton's coffee. She was one of Tim Horton's first customers, she grew up down the street from the first location back in the 60s in Hamilton.

I actually prefer starbucks now.. it has a more robust coffee taste. I grew up in a family that ran a few TIms in Scarborough.

Count me in as one of those who followed the coffee and not the company.

AoD

Ottawa store wanted to keep its customers moving:

Listening to the video they interview an employee (without showing her as she is likely only a staff member not a manager or owner) and it is immediately obvious how that letter wound up there when she says "we're a 24-hour store."
Municipalities take financial advantage of 24-hour fast food businesses to offload required emergency shelter onto them. 24-hour fast food shops are a place where vulnerable people and homeless people may end up staying for a significant amount of time. Some by choice, some by preference, others because the formal system can't or won't accommodate them. You can hire private security--and this is a thing done frequently in Toronto--but that comes at a cost, and private security is well documented to not be great at handling these situations either as they are also often poorly trained minimum wage workers. Of course, the reporter throws out red herring "whatabouts!", like disabled people, and seniors, but we know that's not what this is about.

The important fact is the staff working at these locations at 3:30 a.m. are not trained or paid to deal with homeless people who can't fit in the regular system becuase there's no space for people with mental illness, or addiction issues, and there can and have been serious or violent incidents in stores against their staff because of it. There is no 'correct' way for a business to deal with this, it's not even remotely clear how they should go about it though I would not be surprised if this is what Ottawa police advised them to do, and because it's not clear that means any windbag politician or content-starved local news reporter can turn the response of the business into their outrage of the week while themselves doing zero to actually address the issue. So you can tell them to take down the sign with Twitter hashtags (as noted in the video), but the problem which you have done zero to solve is still there for the minimum wage staff to deal with.

Last edited:
Listening to the video they interview an employee (without showing her as she is likely only a staff member not a manager or owner) and it is immediately obvious how that letter wound up there when she says "we're a 24-hour store."
Municipalities take financial advantage of 24-hour fast food businesses to offload required emergency shelter onto them. 24-hour fast food shops are a place where vulnerable people and homeless people may end up staying for a significant amount of time. Some by choice, some by preference, others because the formal system can't or won't accommodate them. You can hire private security--and this is a thing done frequently in Toronto--but that comes at a cost, and private security is well documented to not be great at handling these situations either as they are also often poorly trained minimum wage workers. Of course, the reporter throws out red herring "whatabouts!", like disabled people, and seniors, but we know that's not what this is about.

The important fact is the staff working at these locations at 3:30 a.m. are not trained or paid to deal with homeless people who can't fit in the regular system becuase there's no space for people with mental illness, or addiction issues, and there can and have been serious or violent incidents in stores against their staff because of it. There is no 'correct' way for a business to deal with this, it's not even remotely clear how they should go about it though I would not be surprised if this is what Ottawa police advised them to do, and because it's not clear that means any windbag politician or content-starved local news reporter can turn the response of the business into their outrage of the week while themselves doing zero to actually address the issue. So you can tell them to take down the sign with Twitter hashtags (as noted in the video), but the problem which you have done zero to solve is still there for the minimum wage staff to deal with.

Agree - businesses aren't there to provide a social service that government have failed to provide. Just visit the McD's at Yonge and College for example.

AoD

Moreover, the night shift are usually understaffed as well, adding to the complication.

Back