News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I had a good laugh today when i walked into Tim's and saw the new "Dream Donuts" in the case for $2!! The icing on the donuts was melting, looked more like a slime or goo ? Some genius at head office thought it would be a good idea to store donuts topped with heavy icings and creams in a non refrigerated case.

I had a good laugh today when i walked into Tim's and saw the new "Dream Donuts" in the case for $2!! The icing on the donuts was melting, looked more like a slime or goo ? Some genius at head office thought it would be a good idea to store donuts topped with heavy icings and creams in a non refrigerated case.

Jes#s, some of those pics are nasty. This guy's look better.

I've been in product development, marketing and sales for now 27 years. The first thing Tim's should have done when developing these dream doughnuts (I refuse to use the wrong spelling) was to work backwards from the field to the head office. We want to make some special donoughts, okay, what can the extremely busy yet low skilled, motivated, paid and trained front line staff create. Now that we've determined what's feasible, let's make sure our marketing does put us into a position where we over-promise and under-deliver. That's it, full stop, it's not so hard FFS.

if we had Duncan up here I think they'd be hurting more.

Really? I've been to several Dunkin's in the states and find Tim's quality to be miles above. Everything I've had at a Dunkin has been stale and dry the moment I bought it. At least Tim's - while inconsistent - has given me 'fresh' product at times.

Tim's apple fritters tend to usually be fresh when I grab them. Ever since Starbucks discontinued theirs, Tim's has been my go to.

Jes#s, some of those pics are nasty. This guy's look better.

I've been in product development, marketing and sales for now 27 years. The first thing Tim's should have done when developing these dream doughnuts (I refuse to use the wrong spelling) was to work backwards from the field to the head office. We want to make some special donoughts, okay, what can the extremely busy yet low skilled, motivated, paid and trained front line staff create. Now that we've determined what's feasible, let's make sure our marketing does put us into a position where we over-promise and under-deliver. That's it, full stop, it's not so hard FFS.

Agreed, with this caveat.

They really ought to consider the value in returning at least some baking to the store level, and hiring at least two skilled workers (bakers) per store to oversee that operation.

What the hell are you talking about? I think your neurons may be misfiring, no joke....your taste buds are broken. :p

I'm no fan of Starbucks (plastic tea bags, for one) but what tea are you having there? They only have bagged tea that is packaged seperately and pour hot water that is supplied directly from the water supply. There is no cross-pollination with coffee.
Yes, I know that they have bagged tea and it's not from the coffee machine. But, first the water isn't hot enough, so the tea doesn't steep well and second, I just find every beverage there seems to be permeated with coffee taste. Maybe it's because the place smells of coffee and it affects my brain. Not sure. Luckily the one person that used to give me a Starbucks gift card has switched to Bulk Barn, so I can shop for baking ingredients.

Starbucks pro tip: Ask for your water extra hot. You can do that with hot chocolate too

Actually their tea is made with hot water from a dedicated spigot. The hot chocolate is actually brewed in a metal container via the steamer on the espresso machine.

Yes but my point was simply that you can ask for extra hot. Probably for coffee too, but I don’t drink coffee

Personally, I find the Starbucks tea quite hot and Tim’s not hot enough. The exception is the Leslie and Lakeshore location where the hot water is basically lukewarm. But i’m a tea snob so I bring a kettle when I travel and make my own and only buy it when i’m desperate.

Yes, I know that they have bagged tea and it's not from the coffee machine. But, first the water isn't hot enough, so the tea doesn't steep well and second, I just find every beverage there seems to be permeated with coffee taste. Maybe it's because the place smells of coffee and it affects my brain.

Hey....I did say "something, something, neurons". :p

I'm not sure about the water....I don't think I've ever gotten water that was at a sub-optimal temperature from a Starbucks.

Try the English Breakfast tea....if that's not black tea enough for you (without ruining it with milk and sugar) then your taste buds really ARE messed up. ;)

Trust me, my diet consists of almost zero added sugar and I love bitter things like the psycho I am*...Negroni life and all that....the English Breakfast has heavy tannins and is tea enough for anyone. Try it because I have no idea what you're on about.

*-- So they say.....apparently psychological studies have shown that enjoying bitter-tasting things is a sign of psychopathy.

PS: I can't believe you've made me defend Starbucks.

But i’m a tea snob so I bring a kettle when I travel and make my own and only buy it when i’m desperate.

For real? ?

You win.

I try to pack thermoses full of litres of Yorkshire Gold but bringing a kettle? My word.

I used to be on the road four days a week and just couldn’t stand multiple days of subpar tea. It’s genetic. My British grandmother was so disgusted once that she marched i to a restaurant kitchen and demonstrated how to boil water, warm the pot and so on. Don’t get me started on the horrid little metal pots! So apart from the odd Starbucks when needs must or of course an actual tea house, I have given up on having tea out. I just wait til I get home. And hooray for Yorkshire Gold. BC’s Murchie’s is generally my vendor of choice.

I used to be on the road four days a week and just couldn’t stand multiple days of subpar tea. It’s genetic. My British grandmother was so disgusted once that she marched i to a restaurant kitchen and demonstrated how to boil water, warm the pot and so on.

Don’t get me started on the horrid little metal pots!

hahaha...I love her! What a dame. You should see my face every time they bring out one of those dinky metal pots and a tea bag sat beside it. Beside it!!!

So apart from the odd Starbucks when needs must or of course an actual tea house, I have given up on having tea out. I just wait til I get home. And hooray for Yorkshire Gold. BC’s Murchie’s is generally my vendor of choice.

Do you know if Taylor's of Harrogate have switched fully to plant-based tea bags? I was reading that they started the full switch last year, but were rolling it out in who-knows-what kind of phases. I usually use the loose leaf, but use bags for the thermos thing sometimes when I can't wait around to let it steep (aka I'm late for work in the morning....again).

What's a Murchie's? Never seen it.

You're legit my hero though with the kettle on the road. I love tea....it's always one of the things I mention when people ask about favourite things or things you can't go without or etc....but I have yet to achieve gangster status like bringing a kettle with everywhere I go.
I think you may have inspired me to do so. Water. Kettle. Tea. Pot. On the job site.

Back