News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I know I will be tarred and feathered for this, but I prefer Tim's coffee to McDonald's. I'll see myself out :)
I bought myself a Keurig Mini with a refillable filter insert so to avoid those damn pods. I’ve been enjoying Starbucks Pike Place at home and saving money. As for Tim’s vs McD’s, I can’t tell the difference.

I bought myself a Keurig Mini with a refillable filter insert so to avoid those damn pods. I’ve been enjoying Starbucks Pike Place at home and saving money. As for Tim’s vs McD’s, I can’t tell the difference.

I have one of those inserts but I find them to be more of a headache than anything. It takes more time and makes more of a mess to use them than it does to pop in a pike place pod.

Does anyone brew coffee the old fashioned way anymore? Pods are kind of wasteful, and the coffee those single serve machines make is pretty depressing.

Does anyone brew coffee the old fashioned way anymore? Pods are kind of wasteful, and the coffee those single serve machines make is pretty depressing.

I use my coffee machine when we have people over. No sense in making a pot just fot myself.

I have one of those inserts but I find them to be more of a headache than anything. It takes more time and makes more of a mess to use them than it does to pop in a pike place pod.
Those pods just go to landfill. They should be banned, same as we‘re about to do with plastic cutlery. I tip the used grounds into the garden and run it under the sink for a sec, hardly a headache.

Last edited:
I have a first generation Keurig that is on its last legs and hoping it lives until Christmas. I use a combination of refillable inserts and off-brand pods. The pods advertise themselves as compostable but they are not acceptable in our county's system. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and found small batch brewing in a drip maker was wasteful and didn't taste as good.

Tim Hortons sales drop as parent company unveils plans to modernize drive-thrus

October 27, 2020

As Tim Hortons’ sales continue to lag through the coronavirus pandemic, the coffee and doughnut chain is modernizing its drive-thru with new digital menu boards.

Tim Hortons saw comparable sales in the three month period ending September 30 fall 12.5 per cent overall, a deeper dive from a decline of 1.4 per cent during the same time last year. In Canada, the chain’s sales fell 13.7 per cent as the coronavirus pandemic continues to disrupt morning routines, a key aspect of the company’s business.

The comparable sales decline at Tim Hortons is the largest among the three brands operated by parent company Restaurant Brands International (QSR.TO) and has contributed to the company’s weaker net income. Burger King saw sales fall 7 per cent, while Popeyes sales jumped 17.4 per cent.

“While we made considerable progress during the third quarter, our performance also reflected certain more challenging impacts of the pandemic on consumer behaviour,” RBI chief executive Jose Cil said on a conference call with analysts on Tuesday, pointing to changing customer routines and restrictions that have forced the company to close dining rooms in some regions, including parts of Ontario and Quebec.

“The resulting impact to consumption patterns has caused some variability in the pace of recovery across regions and day-parts.”

The drop in sales at both Tim Hortons and Burger King, as well as a decrease in supply chain sales, has contributed to RBI’s overall profit decline. The company, which reports results in U.S. dollars, said adjusted net income in the quarter amounted to $320 million, or 68 cents per share, down from $337 million, or 72 per cents per share, last year.

COVID-19’s disruption of morning and commuter routines has been the most significant contributor to the sales decline at Tim Hortons, RBI’s chief corporate officer Duncan Fulton said in an interview on Tuesday. While the breakfast segment has struggled, Tim Hortons has seen substantial growth in third-party delivery and drive-thru service.

That drive-thru experience is about to get a makeover. RBI announced Tuesday that it plans to modernize more than 10,000 of its restaurant drive-thrus, 2,700 of which are at Tim Hortons locations.

Currently, about 1,900 Tim Hortons drive-thrus feature paper menu boards printed in Toronto that employees need to swap out frequently, depending on the time of day and changes to the menu. The paper boards are being replaced by digital screens that feature “predictive selling” algorithms that can tailor menu offerings based on previous popular items at that location, weather patterns and time of day. RBI is also testing menu boards that have integrated the Tim’s loyalty program at 30 locations. One location is currently testing a prototype board that will allow guests to order and pay through a contactless payment method at the same screen.

I have a first generation Keurig that is on its last legs and hoping it lives until Christmas. I use a combination of refillable inserts and off-brand pods. The pods advertise themselves as compostable but they are not acceptable in our county's system. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and found small batch brewing in a drip maker was wasteful and didn't taste as good.
Aeropress might be a good compromise. It is easy to make single servings and cleans up easily. And much cheaper than pods.

----------------------

Popeyes has been on fire. Not surprised to see their sales up 18%. I have spotted lines out the door on several occasions, I think because of their new sandwich.

Popeyes has been on fire.
gallery_medium.jpg

Tim Hortons is changing up its breakfast sandwiches

December 23, 2020

Tim Hortons is changing up its breakfast sandwiches.

It’s out with the old, omelette-style eggs and in with new, freshly cracked ones, the latest tweak to one of the coffee and doughnut chain’s signature food items.

In a holiday letter scheduled to be sent to customers on Wednesday morning, Tim Hortons Canada president Axel Schwan outlined the company’s “roadmap for 2021,” which includes making improvements across the chain’s menu.

The first major change that will be rolled out across the country beginning in February is the shift from omelette-style eggs to freshly cracked fried eggs, something Schwan says will be a “massive improvement that will take the breakfast you already love to a whole new level.”

It’s a change that has been in the works for the last two years, Schwan said in an interview with Yahoo Finance Canada.

“We started asking Canadians, ‘How can we improve our breakfast even further?’ And people told us that freshly cracked eggs would be a really good idea,” he said.

“We’ve been working on this for a while now. We’ve tested it a lot, we tried a lot and now... we are happy to bring it to our restaurants across the country.”

Tim Hortons is changing up its breakfast sandwiches

December 23, 2020

Tim Hortons is changing up its breakfast sandwiches.

It’s out with the old, omelette-style eggs and in with new, freshly cracked ones, the latest tweak to one of the coffee and doughnut chain’s signature food items.

In a holiday letter scheduled to be sent to customers on Wednesday morning, Tim Hortons Canada president Axel Schwan outlined the company’s “roadmap for 2021,” which includes making improvements across the chain’s menu.

The first major change that will be rolled out across the country beginning in February is the shift from omelette-style eggs to freshly cracked fried eggs, something Schwan says will be a “massive improvement that will take the breakfast you already love to a whole new level.”

It’s a change that has been in the works for the last two years, Schwan said in an interview with Yahoo Finance Canada.

“We started asking Canadians, ‘How can we improve our breakfast even further?’ And people told us that freshly cracked eggs would be a really good idea,” he said.

“We’ve been working on this for a while now. We’ve tested it a lot, we tried a lot and now... we are happy to bring it to our restaurants across the country.”

Who actually eats their breakfast at Tim's? If anything I can see people ordering bagels and croissants.

They should focus more on the coffee and less on their sandwiches if they are to survive.

Let's be real the hot food and sandwiches are one very small step above coffee times pre packaged sandwiches.

Who actually eats their breakfast at Tim's? If anything I can see people ordering bagels and croissants.

They should focus more on the coffee and less on their sandwiches if they are to survive.

Let's be real the hot food and sandwiches are one very small step above coffee times pre packaged sandwiches.
McDonald‘s breakfast sandwiches are much better. And their breakfast wraps destroy Tim’s.

Back