News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

No chocolate, no tea? For my coffee I’ve switched to half decaf so moving slowly away from it.

No chocolate, no tea, nothing.

I used my keurig to ween myself off. Every week I would drop a cup size until I was completely done with coffee.

I was drinking 8 cups of coffee and 4 quad espressos each day. I wasn't sleeping.

If I didn't cut out caffeine I'd have been in for a world of problems.

I was drinking 8 cups of coffee and 4 quad espressos each day. I wasn't sleeping.
Geez, that’s a lot. Each large coffee and each small (but concentrated) expresso has 200 mg of caffeine, so that’s 2,400 mg of caffeine daily, not including chocolate.

For some it’s a real addiction. Both my parents died from addictions in their late 60s (nicotine, alcohol and I believe opiates), so I am always careful not to fall down that rabbit hole.

One thing I’ve perceived is that yesterday’s immigrants are exploiting today‘s. Look at places like FGF Brands and Fiera Foods, started by immigrants in the 1960s and 70s, and now utilizing temp agencies and min wage immigrant labour. But that’s enough from this immigrant on this topic, back to coffee and baked goods at Tim’s.

Much like how I feel bad for those who didn’t live before McDs removed tallow from their friends, Timbits in the 80s were good, very good, baked in house, offering a large variety, including jam filled powder coated and my favourite the Dutchie.
You're quite right. The product out of Tim's of today bears little resemblance to Tim's of old. A smaller menu but made fresh on site.

I gotta ask: "removed tallow from their friends". ???
No chocolate, no tea, nothing.

I used my keurig to ween myself off. Every week I would drop a cup size until I was completely done with coffee.

If I didn't cut out caffeine I'd have been in for a world of problems.
When I was working I was probably right up there as well (regular coffee only), both in the office or on the road I was seldom without a coffee (the 'on the road' habit is still hard to break, even in retirement). Problem was, on the weekends, I was getting headaches because I usually only had one in the morning.

Some co-workers bought a couple of those jugs (?) of coffee from Tim's for the office today. While I appreciate the kind intentions behind the act, the coffee was godawful.

You know, I've heard that if you just add 1tsp of cinnamon, 1tsp of nutmeg, 1tsp of Vanilla Extract, and a 1/4 cup of the best spiced rum you can get (or better still Cognac)..... along w/double the normal amount of cream you use; it doesn't taste 1/2 bad by the 3rd cup.

You know, I've heard that if you just add 1tsp of cinnamon, 1tsp of nutmeg, 1tsp of Vanilla Extract, and a 1/4 cup of the best spiced rum you can get (or better still Cognac)..... along w/double the normal amount of cream you use; it doesn't taste 1/2 bad by the 3rd cup.
So, basically converting it to mulled wine?

So, basically converting it to mulled wine?

I've never heard of mulled wine with coffee in it............

There might be a reason for that........ LOL

Edit to Add: ( then again, what do I know?)

Some co-workers bought a couple of those jugs (?) of coffee from Tim's for the office today. While I appreciate the kind intentions behind the act, the coffee was godawful.

The significance of the quality of the coffee - or one's level of discernment - is often inversely proportional to how cold/wet/tired (hungover) you are.

Looks like the Tim Biebs campaign was a success.

Justin Bieber almost single-handedly turned around Tim Hortons

Sigh........taste is in such short supply.

LOL

From the article linked above:

1645034888098.png

In a word 'Cringe'

Last edited:

Back