News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Tim's has a plan!

Get you to d/l their app; and the spy on you, so they can figure out your every move! (including out of country, your home, your office/work; where in your workplace you sit/stand, meal times, whether you shop w/competitors......)

View attachment 251152

Article here:

This is what app culture and technophilia has been about for a few years now.

Sell your soul for.......whatever cheap convenience of the day.

I haven't signed on to this board for years so this is the first time I've seen this thread. I remember going to Tim Hortons with my parents as a kid in the 70's and smelling the freshly baked donuts and freshly brewed coffee. I remember we'd go early in the morning especially for the fresh chocolate eclairs with fresh cream, it was sooo good!

Today's TH is impersonally commercial with assembly line made donuts, frozen then unfrozen, and now donuts is only one of many products on the menu. My wife goes for there sandwiches. They are just another fast food chain restaurant to me now, a shadow of their former original self.

One thing I might add, Tim's is trying so, so, so hard to convince people they're Canadian. The emphasis on this supposed Canadian Identity can be seen throughout their stores, from their new lids, to posters throughout the stores, and the advertisments. I laugh each time I see one of their new ads perpetuating Canadian stereotypes. They're trying so hard to hide the fact they're part of an unethical food conglomerate who's values are hardly Canadian.

Unfortunately, so many people are still oblivious to this and still brag about having Tim Horton's when comparing themselves to Americans. Like come on guys, there are so many better things for us to brag about. Why pick the former national treasure that can't even treat it's franchaisees properly, let alone employees?

It's like people commenting on newspaper articles with Canada flags in their profiles, complaining about bilingualism.

I can't help but wonder - shouldn't they have chosen to use the Red Ensign instead?

One thing I might add, Tim's is trying so, so, so hard to convince people they're Canadian. The emphasis on this supposed Canadian Identity can be seen throughout their stores, from their new lids, to posters throughout the stores, and the advertisments. I laugh each time I see one of their new ads perpetuating Canadian stereotypes. They're trying so hard to hide the fact they're part of an unethical food conglomerate who's values are hardly Canadian.

Unfortunately, so many people are still oblivious to this and still brag about having Tim Horton's when comparing themselves to Americans. Like come on guys, there are so many better things for us to brag about. Why pick the former national treasure that can't even treat it's franchaisees properly, let alone employees?

I'd rather my country stand for something more than substandard products, labour exploitation, foreign ownership and privacy issues. I am supposed to be patriotic over sh*tty par-baked breakfast cereal "doughnuts"?

AoD

Last edited:
This horrible chain is now contaminating trendy neighbourhoods with new locations in Little Portugal and Bloordale. Sigh.

Restaurant Brands’ profit dragged lower as pandemic shutters Tim Hortons, other outlets

SUSAN KRASHINSKY ROBERTSONRETAILING REPORTER
PUBLISHED AUGUST 6, 2020UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

Restaurant closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic have dragged down earnings for Restaurant Brands International Inc.

The Toronto-based parent company of Tim Hortons, Burger King and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen reported a 36-per-cent decline in net income in its second quarter, to US$164-million or 35 cents per share.

The company’s total revenues were US$1-billion in the three months ended June 30, compared to US$1.4-billion in the same period last year. Declines were driven by the company’s two largest franchise brands, Burger King and Tim Hortons. System-wide sales declined by 25.2 per cent at Burger King and 33.4 per cent at Tim Hortons. Popeyes meanwhile recorded sales growth of 24 per cent.

Overall, the restaurants’ comparable sales – an important metric that tracks sales not impacted by store openings or closures – fell by 29.3 per cent. Canada lagged global results slightly, with comparable sales declines of 29.9 per cent. When the pandemic first began affecting sales in the last two weeks of March, Tim Hortons’ comparable sales in Canada fell by a percentage in the mid-forties. At the end of July, Tim Hortons’ comparable sales were down in the “negative-mid-teens,” the company reported.

Last edited:
Sales at Tim Hortons have plummeted and the numbers are brutal — here are five ways to fix it

“When RBI reported its second-quarter results last month, the numbers for Tim Hortons were brutal.

Tims’ same-store sales (revenues at stores open for one year or longer) plummeted by 29.3 per cent. Burger King was down only 13.4 per cent on that crucial measure. And Popeyes same-store sales actually jumped by almost 25 per cent — during a pandemic, no less.

Fact is, in each of the years RBI has owned Tim Hortons, the coffee-and-doughnut chain has suffered declining sales growth, from a heady 9.3 per cent in 2015 to last year’s negative three per cent.“

Sales at Tim Hortons have plummeted and the numbers are brutal — here are five ways to fix it

“When RBI reported its second-quarter results last month, the numbers for Tim Hortons were brutal.

Tims’ same-store sales (revenues at stores open for one year or longer) plummeted by 29.3 per cent. Burger King was down only 13.4 per cent on that crucial measure. And Popeyes same-store sales actually jumped by almost 25 per cent — during a pandemic, no less.

Fact is, in each of the years RBI has owned Tim Hortons, the coffee-and-doughnut chain has suffered declining sales growth, from a heady 9.3 per cent in 2015 to last year’s negative three per cent.“
The Toronto Star article didn't mention that there are five Timmies in Thailand:

The Bangkok Post mentions Thailand's first Tim Hortons (and four more opened since then).

Apparently, Thailand has a large number of Canadian tourists and expatriates (and even curious locals) to support as many as five Timmies.

He's not wrong.

We can look back in this thread and the solutions will largely look similar.

Back to the basics.

Better Coffee, Better doughnuts, Faster Service

Fewer menu items, fewer locations, focus on fixing what you have and trimming what doesn't work.

The problem is that the tims most people my age grew up with is long gone. That idea of a Canadian Icon died when Ron Joyce left.

When I was young, Tims made cakes, pies and eclairs. Everything was fresh and made in house. That was what Tims was about not soups, sandwiches and all this pre-frozen crap.

I get that they want to cut costs and diversify but it is not helping. Not to sound racist but I look forward to going to stores where the staff are not ethnic as most of the time when I go to a staff run solely by one ethnicity I do not get good service.

The store near me is all run by indians but whenever I go in, I wait at least 5 minutes to be served because they are all speaking with each other in their own language chatting with each other and working the drive thru. I was there last week and 5 people were having an extended conversation in their language making one order at the drive thru.

When I go to the Niagara Falls location (Which is not as ethnic) the service is much faster and far better.

Back