8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
"United We Stand" and then an American flag? That is unbelievably bizarre

"i was walking by today, and it looks like they are doing something with the subway entrance, or at least around it."

Ya, I bet that's the TTC. I'm surprised they're this early--I remember them working on the Four Season's Centre last minute. Let me guess, did they dig up a bunch of newly paved sidewalk?

Thanks for the photos Smucky.

Is Future Shop taking the entire space from Yonge to Victoria?

Kinda sorta. It's misleading though, because there is a huge parking garage.

futureshopco7.jpg

i was walking by today, and it looks like they are doing something with the subway entrance, or at least around it.
DSC03704.jpg

The hole was deeper yesterday so im guessing whatever had to be done is now done... unless thats water in the hole, which would mean they hit a water main or something.

The hole was deeper yesterday so im guessing whatever had to be done is now done... unless thats water in the hole, which would mean they hit a water main or something.
yeh it looked like water. 3 or 4 guys were standing there looking at it while discussing something. you can see one of them on the far right.

eh it looked like water. 3 or 4 guys were standing there looking at it while discussing something. you can see one of them on the far right.
Today 07:45 PM

Three or four guys talking:

"Yeah, I don't think that water's supposed to be there."

"Nope, supposed to be subway down there."

"Subway? I'm kinda hungry. Is it time for a break?"

"Of course, let's talk about it."

Three or four guys talking:

"Yeah, I don't think that water's supposed to be there."

"Nope, supposed to be subway down there."

"Subway? I'm kinda hungry. Is it time for a break?"

"Of course, let's talk about it."

Apparently construction is related to the TTC / PATH link for Toronto Life Square…they are staring at remaining evidence of the previous night’s Hulk Filming.

I presume that would then be a water-filled Hulk footprint.

Did he drink too much at Zanzibar?

I think they are preparing the area around the subway entrance for new concrete. It only makes sense since the ashfalt was temporary. They poured new concrete on the East side today.

The rent/taxes in the Dundas Square area are likely very high b/c of the foot traffic. Unfortunately, it detours businesses b/c making a profit would be questionable. It might be merely a flagship store for branding. Also, most retailers if they decide to set-up, probably would go to the Eaton Centre first. For example, a new Lacoste store is opening up in the Eaton Centre - they could of picked Metropolis - but why not? Interesting.

I hope they put up more signs on the weekend. :)

Doubt any company would operate a store, regarldess of status, at a loss on purpose. Given what has been said about the success of the Canadian Tire store (I am there every other week it seems) and the area's general retail-friendly culture I'm sure any outlet will succeed. If not, they will go out of business and be replaced with another one that will.

Looked up from Queen and Yonge tonight and it sure looked impressive. Tons of lights. I wish the Apollo sign actually was for a real theatre. Between it and the Canon sign it most certainly looked like Times Square from a distance.

Looked up from Queen and Yonge tonight and it sure looked impressive. Tons of lights. I wish the Apollo sign actually was for a real theatre. Between it and the Canon sign it most certainly looked like Times Square from a distance.

Yonge north of Dundas was closed tonight for more of the movie shoot. The movie in question is the next installment of "The Hulk".

The new screen looks nice and the square is getting livelier and livelier. There were people working on the inside (they seemed to be mostly painting crews) so at least there's constant work going on.

There were testing it to night. One really lite up the street and most are brighter than what there now.

There were testing still shots as well video and real look good.

Strolling below was showing date and time and the time was 3 minutes fast. Scrolling was taking place as well some other things.

It will be interesting to see when the cut the new open into the complex for TTC and will it be ready for Nov as plan. Once that happen, then the existing stairs can be fill in and concrete over or work as an air shaft like they did at the four Seasons.

1410998286_3d3dd202e4_b.jpg

1410996580_c87ba15852_b.jpg

1410994962_a6145c3da8_b.jpg

1410993158_4c2d9ae5de_b.jpg

1410991306_9f4650f9dc_b.jpg

1410989634_834ed63b7d_b.jpg

1410988114_fe354ff4b1_b.jpg

Hulk Movie theater on Yonge Sept 19-07
1410178265_6e4e60159a_b.jpg

Back