News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Still liking the concept of this project. Still not quite shibuya...

shibuya-9.jpg

sure, but I dont think the scale of our square and streets is able to compete with Tokyo... lets look back in 35 years and compare.

I am interested to see how much impact the square has on revitalizing Dundas St further to the east. In some ways it may not help as the square might feel like it has its back turned on Dundas E. Anyways this is Toronto's contribution to neon glitz and I think its just fine, a vast improvement over the previous dereliction!

sure, but I dont think the scale of our square and streets is able to compete with Tokyo... lets look back in 35 years and compare.

!

true, true.

Tokyo is a very train focused city. This fact has probably aided in the development of the scale of its pedestrian enviroment.

sure, but I dont think the scale of our
I am interested to see how much impact the square has on revitalizing Dundas St further to the east. In some ways it may not help as the square might feel like it has its back turned on Dundas E. Anyways this is Toronto's contribution to neon glitz and I think its just fine, a vast improvement over the previous dereliction!
I'm really hoping for some gentrification on Dundas east of here, too.

This spot is essentially the end of the "nice" strip of Dundas (the other end, basically everything east of Hwy10 in Mississauga, could use some work, too). I think CityTV will help a lot with that part of town, as well. Or maybe not, since they won't have to travel very far to interview shirtless car thieves.

I'm really hoping for some gentrification on Dundas east of here, too.

This spot is essentially the end of the "nice" strip of Dundas (the other end, basically everything east of Hwy10 in Mississauga, could use some work, too). I think CityTV will help a lot with that part of town, as well. Or maybe not, since they won't have to travel very far to interview shirtless car thieves.

Hey. I'm the son of a former shirtless car thief.

...and it never will be, though its clear they took a good deal of inspiration from there...

Why not? At first glance, I thought that pic was Dundas Square. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Toronto doesn't use quality materials.

that's an unfair generalization...actually, like it or not, TLS is one of the more important projects on the go in the city.....more important than any condo.

I like the industrial look, but I think that no one can really judge the impact until it is complete....

Toronto doesn't use quality materials most of the time yes, but Toronto definitely doesn't use quality design.

It's not an 'industrial look' they were going for anyway... it just turned out so fugly and now we say it's industrial.

If one refers back to previous renderings released in the past couple of years TLS is taking shape very close to what was proposed. I'm not disappointed in it, so far I feel we're getting pretty much what was promised. Mediocre design, lots of flash and plenty of added excitement & foot traffic to the area once it's complete.

Quality design? Quality materials?

Is this in reference to the image posted above? To what in particular do these generalizations refer to?

that's an unfair generalization...actually, like it or not, TLS is one of the more important projects on the go in the city.....more important than any condo.

I like the industrial look, but I think that no one can really judge the impact until it is complete....

How is it important? It's just a beacon for ads.

Back