News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
expanding :p

But why on Yonge street?

Yonge street should remain a retail street, not an institutional street. Don't you think?

They should expand on Church and Bay Streets. Lots of space there for them there.

And Bay Street could use a bit of life..that's for sure.

Edit:

However if they do what they did at Bay and Dundas on Yonge, that might work.

I don't know where else to put this info, but...

Ryerson has bought the old future Shop location and wants to be a lot on Church..... They also tried to buy the American Appeal location for some wierd reason.

Does this mean Ryerson has purchased the old Future Shop building AND Sam the Record Man?

Whatever they do, I hope they knock down the whole block soon. It looks sketchy at night. They need to move forward with their development. I could only imagine what tourists must think!

Whatever they do, I hope they knock down the whole block soon. It looks sketchy at night. They need to move forward with their development. I could only imagine what tourists must think!

Yonge from Gould to Gerrard is the only real remaining stretch on the street that still has that lively sleazy urban grit flavour that makes Yonge Street... well Yonge Street. It may be a bit sketchy, but it is always full of life, 70s neon and interesting characters... I would be disappointed if it went through a disneyification process.

But why on Yonge street?

Yonge street should remain a retail street, not an institutional street. Don't you think?

They should expand on Church and Bay Streets. Lots of space there for them there.

And Bay Street could use a bit of life..that's for sure.

Edit:

However if they do what they did at Bay and Dundas on Yonge, that might work.
They already own Sam's, now Future Shop, and the other businesses in between on the east side are hardly permanent (except for maybe Zanzibar). Easy pickings for Ryerson.

Have we heard officially that they own Sam's? Last I remember they were asking the province to expropriate, and the province wasn't moving so quickly.

Did it all get worked out in the meantime? If so, how much did Ryerson pay the Snidermans?

The Snidermans apparently also own the lot on Church street that Ryerson is interested in aquiring.

Sams old warehouse used to be located on the west side of Church north of Dundas where a parking lot exists today. They still own that land AFAIK. They also own the Senator, and, AFAIK the buildings north of Sams including the old Future Shop.

Why is Ryerson so set on expanding on Yonge Street? What's the appeal, other than being different than that "other" university....?

Ryerson primarily justs wants an address on Yonge Street. A lot of people don't know where Ryerson is and by being on Yonge, it gives them a lot more advertisement

It looks as if we'll get the flat central column rather than the more attractive convex sign.

Judging by the first piece of the sign they installed (bottom right corner)... there may a gentle convex curve to this vertical monster.

Judging by the first piece of the sign they installed (bottom right corner)... there may a gentle convex curve to this vertical monster.

There has to be. I dont see how it would wrap around the duct work outside otherwise... unless the billboard were to be set up front from all of the rest. (Which would look shitty)

But why on Yonge street?

Ryerson isn't setting out to turn Yonge into an institutional street. Whatever is done will be along the lines of the Business building. Retail at grade and classroom space above.

Back