8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Ugh, this theatre looks horrendous.

Really, is this the best we can do for the most visible theatre in Toronto? it's a total failure!!!!

And invisible ones as well. PenEquity seems to have taken a page from the Penury School (Penurism?) of modern academic buildings like those at UTSC, where the aesthetic is *very* similar, in terms of bare concrete floors, exposed duct-work, etc.

Penurism (TM). Read it here first.

So it's ugly. Whaddaya expect from AMC
amc_pacer.jpg

Great shot! I'd love to see it again with the fountains on, and TLS torn down.

It still surprises me the overwhelming negativity (or inflated) towards the Toronto Life Square project. Unbelievable. How can you call yourself a Torontonian if you do not support your city and its developments? How can you criticize if you haven't honestly made efforts to improve it, achitecturally or through letters to the council?

Toronto is improving light years beyond. In context, the city was crowned the buisness and cultural capital after the separatists seized Montreal. This means, Toronto has only had about 30 yrs to build solid development. Be patient!!

Otherwise, perhaps, you belong in a different city, where, ultimately, you'll be happier. Canada's a big place, you have the freedom to be somewhere else. :)

NEWS -

Toronto Life Square -

Milestone's is slated to open June 15th. Apparently, they'll be a nightclubbish area too!! Their biggest store in Canada!!

I'm only negative when staring at butt-ugly pieces of crap that my dog could have barfed up. Anyway, the "TLS torn down" comment was written in jest, but that does not excuse its complete lack of architectural presence, nor does Toronto's supposed 30-year history, according to Patriot. What, we were living in birchbark longhouses before Rene Levesque filled his last ashtray?

It still surprises me the overwhelming negativity (or inflated) towards the Toronto Life Square project. Unbelievable. How can you call yourself a Torontonian if you do not support your city and its developments?

Otherwise, perhaps, you belong in a different city, where, ultimately, you'll be happier. Canada's a big place, you have the freedom to be somewhere else. :)

Are you sure you weren't meant to be an American? You sound like one of those people that says if you don't support the war in Iraq you are unpatriotic and if you don't like the hassles at the airport you should go live somewhere else. The reason people would be against crap in this city is BECAUSE they care. If crap was being built somewhere else they wouldn't be complaining about it.

Back