News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yeah, that's what you get when you invest in the right people to design a space. Looks great even despite PenEquity's complete lack of effort.

updated images off Canadian newswire:

image_preview.cgi

image_preview.cgi
That's pretty clever. A faintly remember reading a toronto firm was designing this store. Does anyone know if this has been done in other Adidas stores?

I'm really glad it doesn't look like a Sportchek as I had feared.

I hope the larger tenants gang up on PenEquity and demand better finishes throughout the common areas.

I'm really glad it doesn't look like a Sportchek as I had feared.

I hope the larger tenants gang up on PenEquity and demand better finishes throughout the common areas.

Better finishes? You mean finishes....

Funny - I like the industrial unfinished look of TLS

IMO, every mall/shopping centre has the same banal "let's not insult the masses" beigish look and feel - i refer to the complete upgrade to Royal's PATH mall and indeed the PATH as a whole (I exclude TD centre, as this is a classic and stands alone).

I like the exposed ductwork, unfinished floor at of TLS. It is entirely different from every other downtown shopping zone. Interestingly, I've read "cramped" up along side of "put in a proper ceiling". Interesting comprimise to fulfill both those criteria.

Indeed, to each his own. Personally I think the interior and exterior of TLS actually do have a design - different, industrial and most certainly not your average mall. Addidas, really adds to the feel, externally at least.

Having said that - I still wish there was something more to the tenant list. I seem to remember that the whole Yonge/Dundas experience was supposed to pull people in from the reaches, not simple house people who want to see a movie or need a new video game.

Still, it's been many years and my memories are dim and foggy.

One last thing - Bring back the Licks

jime

It's different, but I don't think it's better. It's more like a costco warehouse than a mall.

I don't think you belong here. Not trying to be mean or anything; I just don't think this is the place for you.

Haha! I should have seen this one coming. Guess i'm not jaded and high brow enough to be part of the boys club. I'll try to remember to bring my tweed jacket and pipe next time.

TLS has its own design and character. Repeatedly asking why oh why it couldn't be more like xxxxx does more to make Toronto mediocre as opposed to help it. TLS was meant to add flash and fun to Dundas square and it has done a great job of doing so. Especially since it's not done yet! I'm sure this will register at some point.

Critiquing it as many people do on this forum is like discussing the intricacies of a rock star's attire. By jove, the sequins don't line up! Laughable at best and wholly missing the point.

Haha! I should have seen this one coming. Guess i'm not jaded and high brow enough to be part of the boys club. I'll try to remember to bring my tweed jacket and pipe next time.

TLS has its own design and character. Repeatedly asking why oh why it couldn't be more like xxxxx does more to make Toronto mediocre as opposed to help it. TLS was meant to add flash and fun to Dundas square and it has done a great job of doing so. Especially since it's not done yet! I'm sure this will register at some point.

Critiquing it as many people do on this forum is like discussing the intricacies of a rock star's attire. By jove, the sequins don't line up! Laughable at best and wholly missing the point.
I am sorry, but lack of design does not itself qualify as design.

Who's really the one being negative here? This building has been poorly recieved by most of us here because we think the city deserves better. If Toronto is full of people like you who honestly believe TLS is acceptable and fitting for what is probably the most high profile intersection in the country, then we're doomed to mediocrity.

If I may quote a post made nearly 100 pages ago:

To sum up: TLS apologists typically base their arguements around strawmen, negative reasoning and cynicism. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it anymore, not in a city that competes with the likes of Montreal, Chicago and New York for tourist dollars, conventions and executive offices.

And I'm sorry you don't approve of our critique of the intricacies of the building (and you've conveniently dismissed the MANY larger problems that have been mentioned), but I could just as easily ask you for a list of just what exactly remains for this building to qualify as complete. The building is done. Nothing PenEquity can do now will drastically improve it. It's up to the tenants now.

Don't forget your monocle.

Last night I went on a date at AMC Yonge & Dundas to see Iron Man and it was busier than I thought it would be. Still not super-crazy a la AMC Winston Churchill or Coliseum Mississauga or Paramount, but still, it'll get there. The food court is still very unfinished.

I went to see a movie at Empress Walk today, and it really struck me how much nicer that building is -- and I'm not even really a huge fan of it.

Back