News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
…plus one can get tickets on their smartphone (or computer before you leave home or office), so there are lots of options for tickets these days.

Does anyone have a copy of the leasing plan/blueprint of this building? I'm wondering how possible it is to reconfigure the layout to something that isn't pants on head stupid. Apparently the truck dock area begins right behind the cineplex wall.

Does anyone have a copy of the leasing plan/blueprint of this building? I'm wondering how possible it is to reconfigure the layout to something that isn't pants on head stupid. Apparently the truck dock area begins right behind the cineplex wall.
How is that possible - the cineplex is on the top floors. I thought the loading docks were at ground level?

I've heard via a source close to KWT's staff that Sheldon Levy's next big move is to deal with 10 Dundas East. It's very expensive real estate and Ryerson has a parking garage and part time use of the theatres for classes. It's a terrible waste of development potential for a university starving for campus real estate to fuel their unstoppable expansion.

The Ryerson deal is up for review in 4 years and apparently Levy's wish is for the whole thing to be torn down and rebuilt as an academic building with entertainment (movie theatres, restaurants) facing Yonge & Dundas, and Ryerson facilities facing Victoria and Gould in the podium and a tower on top - perhaps a hotel + condo combo.

Anybody closer to Ryerson have any info on this? Levy's term ends in 2015 so I wonder if he's going to try to get this started for his successor or if he's given up on it.

The office space could be reworked into academic space. There aren't many floors (3 or 4?), but the floor plates are fairly large and it can be accessed via elevator from the ground level.

This thing coming down and being replaced sounds too good to be true-- I can't possibly see that happening.

The office space could be reworked into academic space. There aren't many floors (3 or 4?), but the floor plates are fairly large and it can be accessed via elevator from the ground level.

There is office space on 6 of the upper floors.

To rework this site would require 90% to be closed off to the public.

It would mean chasing the theater out of there 100%.

If they are going to do it, they better buy the other sites on Yonge St beside it. This will allow a taller tower and something Ryerson needs to look at doing. They should keep retail on 2 floor at least, X floors for class rooms, X floor for office space and X floors for residential. Must be 30 floor tall minimum.

Overall, prefer the thing be torn down and built with parking below grade.

Needs to have a +15 or +30 bridge to the main building just like they are doing for the Student Centre.

If you rebuilt it 100%, the podium could be 8/10 story with 2 towers at opposite corners with one at Victoria/Dundas and the other at Yonge/Gould. I would put the restaurants back in similar to what there is today along with a few more.

X floors of the towers could be lease out as reserve space for future needs. The elevators would have to be design for that higher use down the road.

The roof of the podium could be use as green space/basketball/tennis courts.

Took 15 years to built this sucker and could have the new one up in 5 years after the word "GO" is given.

This would allow TTC to get the north 2nd entrance they needed as well widen part of the northbound platform. TTC "Should" Still look at a south entrance as well.

I really doubt this will happen ... its much more likely they'd just rework the space ...

Moreover isn't Ryerson building a very large building on Church now ?

Saw the first new Cineplex Sign (small one) outside the building a couple of days ago. Not lit yet...

The Big AMC sign is still there, but it is no longer being lit. So I have to assume it's coming down soon.

This thing coming down and being replaced sounds too good to be true-- I can't possibly see that happening.

One only has to look at the Gehry-Mirvish towers to see a relatively new building (and that one is actually successful and well built) proposed to be demolished to make room for a more ambitious and much more lucrative project.

Moving the parking underground frees up massive amounts of square footage and razing the building completely opens up the land for a very lucrative condo/hotel tower which would have no problem getting approval for this spot.

The investors who now own the building have no love for managing this behemoth, they just want the best possible return on their dollar. What's there now isn't it.

The church street facility is going to be the next building for ryerson, with a residence and several floors of classrooms IIRC. That should be coming to light sometime in 2014. After that, who knows.

Big difference between a theatre and 500, 000 square feet of leaseable space. This isn't a small building by any means.

One only has to look at the Gehry-Mirvish towers to see a relatively new building (and that one is actually successful and well built) proposed to be demolished to make room for a more ambitious and much more lucrative project.

Moving the parking underground frees up massive amounts of square footage and razing the building completely opens up the land for a very lucrative condo/hotel tower which would have no problem getting approval for this spot.

The investors who now own the building have no love for managing this behemoth, they just want the best possible return on their dollar. What's there now isn't it.

Back