News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Who knows if they have the money to do it, but at least one of those ad spaces that Ryerson is getting should be an LED screen. Thye both should be really - I can't see it being cheap enough to go up there to change a billboard on an even semi-regular basis.

With LED screens up there, Rye admin could deliver daily news to the student body, could publicize what's going on in the cinema/classrooms during the day, could post exam results, could broadcast the games of Rye High's hallowed sports teams, could call attention to the coming Black Star museum, and after hours could sell advertising space to other, possibly the AMC cinemas themselves so students know which sequel of SAW is currently playing on any given day.

BTW, I am also glad to see some detail appearing on the Victoria facade. While it remains to be seen how it all will look, including how the parking garage holes will look, it is a bit better than I was expecting too (I was in the same boat as cassius on this one, expecting the worst because of no rendering being released for the rear facades), but I also agree with AoD that there is a huge amount of wasted potential here.

I find the front is not very good, esp the corner at Yonge/Dundas. It's such a important corner, I wish they had designed it better...make something iconic, instead of just one very simple billboard on top. Maybe some moving neon lights or something that can catch people's eyes would have been cool. Oh well... The whole thing is very bad.

Venti - welcome to the UT Forum!

The ads there may be a little better than simple billboards. Let's hope so...

Who knows if they have the money to do it, but at least one of those ad spaces that Ryerson is getting should be an LED screen. Thye both should be really - I can't see it being cheap enough to go up there to change a billboard on an even semi-regular basis.

With LED screens up there, Rye admin could deliver daily news to the student body, could publicize what's going on in the cinema/classrooms during the day, could post exam results, could broadcast the games of Rye High's hallowed sports teams, could call attention to the coming Black Star museum, and after hours could sell advertising space to other, possibly the AMC cinemas themselves so students know which sequel of SAW is currently playing on any given day.

BTW, I am also glad to see some detail appearing on the Victoria facade. While it remains to be seen how it all will look, including how the parking garage holes will look, it is a bit better than I was expecting too (I was in the same boat as cassius on this one, expecting the worst because of no rendering being released for the rear facades), but I also agree with AoD that there is a huge amount of wasted potential here.

Well so far I have heard nothing about what Ryerson will be putting up on Its side, but im thinking it may just be something to replace the banner hanging on the other side of Lake Devo. I think the LED screen would be an amazing idea if used for the ideas you came up with. As it stands, the only way to get daily news now is through email.

gbelan decided to take advantage of another beautifull day and took these pics

100_0046.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Met looks like the bomb in pic #2 - love that project!

Were the streetcar tracks being replaced in the intersection when the photo was taken? That is the only explanation I can think of for Yonge being closed.

"FSFS" in the 2nd floor window: Future Shop? Rather thought they'd be on the ground floor.

The sooner they get out of that decrepit hole near Sam's, the better! That place makes me despair.

Don't go in there, Sir Nov. It doesn't deserve you.

PS - FS is on the 2nd floor, reached by escalators fronting directly on Yonge. I don't know why the FSFS is up there on the 3rd floor exactly.

Tomorrow's promises featuring todays prices built on yesterday's wants.

Future Shop until the mid 1990s were dank, dark, crummy stores where you had to be careful not to pick up outdated merchandise. They resembled bigger Factory Direct stores, and the Yonge Street store is one of the last of this era of stores.

I'm not quite sure how they quickly transformed into what they are now, but big electronics, like books, is sadly monopolistic here, through a false duopoly set up. If someone else - say, if Circuit City set up some real stores, not the old Radio Shack dives, we'd be getting the better prices and more up-to-date stuff.

What to become of the old A&A/FS store? That parcel, combined with Sam's, would be a prime site.

Back