5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
looks nice:

Place des Armes.... Montreal

33077786_bf513e826e_o.jpg

Dundas Square for comparison...

ViewFromHardRock.Sept07.jpg

and a picture from Yorkville (which is a good comparison for the Places des Armes in Montreal Although not as big, as I do recall going there a couple of years ago.)

yorkvilleuc4.jpg

Other squares in North America can be found in Philadelphia, Charleston, Savannah, Boston...

Comparing all of these is just superficial in the end. While one might call them squares, there is not too much in common between Dundas Square and Place des Armes in Montreal - except that people gather there, and there is a fountain.

Comparing all of these is just superficial in the end. While one might call them squares, there is not too much in common between Dundas Square and Place des Armes in Montreal - except that people gather there, and there is a fountain.

I would disagree. I think the only thing they don't have in common is the design aesthetic: modern vs traditional. In the end, they function the same.

To me Nathan Phillips Square is closer to being similar to a European Piazza than Yonge-Dundas Square is. Sheerly just because of it's size and large open area.

A little Update

DSC_0799.jpg

This is one of the last areas where the facade is not complete, they are really moving ahead, every day I see a difference,
DSC_0802.jpg

Like in the above pic you can see they have put the brackets for the store signage.
DSC_0805.jpg

Again this corner not complete, but its gunna look great, today they excavated the whole sidewalk by the Tim Hortons.
DSC_0806.jpg

Paul

keep 'em comin', Paul, and welcome to the forum.....

DSC_0799.jpg

There's something rather erectile about the Hard Rock guitar relative to the Resident Evil chick silhouette...

I was talking to my friend that runs two food operations which will be in this place, and he said they hope to open the two restaurants by January.

It's becoming evident that the colourful signage will offset the grey background of the building. Bring on the signage!

I remember the National Post saying all the signs will be in place by years' end.

I wonder if there will be things 'on top' of the building?....you know, those decoration like things shown in the pictures on the website.

I think the art-deco sign along the side of the building saying Toronto Life Square or something is a MUST.

Any word on new tenants?

I wonder how people at Pickle Barrel and Hard Rock will feel when people at Jack Astors and Wolfgang Puck look down on them from their elevated patios?

Back