News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Isn't StarWeek and printed TV guides in general becoming redundant? Most people have access to something called the internet which allows you to do glorious things, such as look up online TV guides which saves a lot of paper.
Not to mention TV Guides that are accessible when subscribing to digital and satellite providers.

My PC is in a different room and on a different floor than my television. When I want to see what's on I'd much rather browse a printed listing rather than go on-line. Way better than using Rogers on-screen listing of 500 channels that are 85-90% repeats and mostly garbage. Besides -- the on-line guide doesn't highlight new programs that might catch my interest. I'd kind of like to be able to spot on Sunday that next Thursday night TCM will be broadcasting a great old movie that I've never seen before. Who wants to page through a week's worth of TV listings on-line to find that out when a quick glance through the Starweek will tell me so I can plan ahead to watch? And yes - TVGuide stopped publishing in Ontario several years ago. Curiously - the last time I looked, TVGuide still publishes in Florida and maybe in a few other States as well where there's a significant quotient of old-timers.

Is there an on-line alternative?

This is a pain for me. My wife doesn't want me signing up cause she's anti-TV. But I use the starweek to plan out my week's recording of shows I want to see when I have the place to myself. Having to do this one day at a time is too much.

I guess the info is there in the Rogers box, but can I skip ahead easily to prime-time for each weekday ahead? As far as I could see, it was not easy to negotiate that menu too far ahead.

I guess the info is there in the Rogers box, but can I skip ahead easily to prime-time for each weekday ahead?
If you've got the IPG showing 8 pm with a certain 5 stations showing, and you simply change the day, you'll be at the same time, with the same stations. Short answer: Yes

Besides -- the on-line guide doesn't highlight new programs that might catch my interest.
Being told what to do. Now there's a reason to continue a subscription.

Some of the online guides do allow you to personalize the guide, but I suppose free online registration befuddles some people.

Being told what to do. Now there's a reason to continue a subscription.

Some of the online guides do allow you to personalize the guide, but I suppose free online registration befuddles some people.

The online guides are very difficult to navigate. There are internet versions, but that means turning on my computer and waiting for it to come up. Faster to use the hardcopy version.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

If you've got the IPG showing 8 pm with a certain 5 stations showing, and you simply change the day, you'll be at the same time, with the same stations. Short answer: Yes

I'll give it a try. The Star is auto-phoning all subscribers this week as a reminder that they want their $$.

Actually, it wasn't so difficult. It helps to actually know it's possible before trying! Now I just have to decide: $26 extra/week or awkward usage of Rogers box guide. Not as well-laid out as Starweek and, yes, do not have that useful (N) information.

Back