lolz, they probably raised pricing by 40k per unit.

Yup, they DID raise prices by 40k and immediately offer "free parking". It indicates to me that fewer spaces were being bought than the City mandated for this project.

Walked by this morning and noticed the parking lot was blocked off by cones and tape, as well last week they took down the big billboard located on the neighboring building.

Things seem to be slowly ramping up here.

$750-800psf

Honestly I think it's worth it. I love the small floor plate of this building. I already have a client in this building and finishes were decent, if not 'high-end'. Location is fantastic and all views are beautiful.

Great head-on shot there in the last photo, Jimmy! The design and proportions of this skinny tower are awesome, but I'm looking forward to hearing about the owners' personal experiences living there and the more-than-expected deficiencies in a BJL development.

I moved into my unit as a tenant just over a month ago after being given notice of having to move out of my old place since the owner was moving in. Let me just say it's been a bit of a rough start. I understood what I was getting into moving into a building that was under construction, but there are some problems that went well beyond the scope of acceptable 'hiccups'.

First, there was an incredibly loud, high pitched buzzing noise (think carbon monoxide alarm pitch) coming from the mechanical room a floor above that would go on for a minute or so every 5-10 minutes. I don't mind the odd drilling and hammering here or there, but this just drove us up the wall, 24/7. It took them almost 3 weeks to fix the problem after I took multiple videos and had them sent to the contractor.

Second was getting stuck in an elevator for more than an hour on St. Patrick's Day. My girlfriend and I were heading out when just before coming to the ground floor the elevator shook, came to a jolting stop and went into 'out of service'. Finally managed to get a hold of security through the help button after multiple failed attempts (couldn't have called since there was no cell reception). Took 45 minutes for the technician to arrive, and another 15 to open the doors. What really pissed me off was the fact that that same elevator broke down just hours before and was put back into service after reportedly being "fixed". (I hope they've hired a new technician)

Thirdly, our heating has been spotty at best. We woke up one morning with the unit below 16C, well below the set temperature. I phoned property management and they said that this can happen if there is a brief power outage, which resets the unit. This also happened to others in the building. You'd think the building would notify residents if this were to happen. I guess not...

I was speaking to one of the workers in the elevator and asked him how things were going and he said quote, "This project is being rushed and things aren't being finished properly." I honestly tend to agree with him. The fit and finishes of the unit are sub par. Flashing around the floors and windows don't fit and are loose. Framing around doors don't match up. Even one of the walls isn't straight!

I get that buyers want to move in asap, and that investors what their units occupied quickly as well. But when the elevators are breaking down, the heating goes out (during the coldest month on record), the lobby isn't even built, hallways and pretty much everything else is under construction and covered in dust and dirt, maybe they should wait... a little longer, before letting people move in.

Last edited:
I don't mean to undermine what you're saying but the issues you stated are fairly common during this stage of construction. Renting in a completed building would probably be more up your alley.

I don't mean to undermine what you're saying but the issues you stated are fairly common during this stage of construction. Renting in a completed building would probably be more up your alley.

Sorry - but not so. There are quality builders whose product is truly ready for occupancy when the first residents move in. There are also other builders who are comparable or worse than what was described here. To generalize and say that this applies to all developers, or to say that the only reasonable alternative is to rent in a completed building - come on.....

Sorry - but not so. There are quality builders whose product is truly ready for occupancy when the first residents move in. There are also other builders who are comparable or worse than what was described here. To generalize and say that this applies to all developers, or to say that the only reasonable alternative is to rent in a completed building - come on.....

I said fairly common and stand by it. I'm not surprised by any of items listed here.

What would you consider a reasonable alternative to be? If you don't want to run the risk of such issues, do some research and rent in a building that is complete and has a decent reputation.

Elevators are very much a common problem, and not just in new buildings. Lots of tall buildings, lots of elevators, only a couple of companies and a limited supply of qualified technicians.

I was speaking to one of the workers in the elevator and asked him how things were going and he said quote, "This project is being rushed and things aren't being finished properly." I honestly tend to agree with him. The fit and finishes of the unit are sub par. Flashing around the floors and windows don't fit and are loose. Framing around doors don't match up. Even one of the walls isn't straight!

I get that buyers want to move in asap, and that investors what their units occupied quickly as well. But when the elevators are breaking down, the heating goes out (during the coldest month on record), the lobby isn't even built, hallways and pretty much everything else is under construction and covered in dust and dirt, maybe they should wait... a little longer, before letting people move in.

I own 2 units in this building and while the site is still under construction, I would disagree with the statements made about the quality of the work in the units. I've purchased from Brad Lamb and Harhay Construction before and I've never been disappointed. While there may be issues that need to be resolved from the PDI, I have no doubt, that once registered this will be an incredible building. Time will tell! The quality of the finishes in the units are very good aside from paint touch ups which are common. The hallways, amenity space and lobby still need a lot of work, but I was told the building should be registered in August. I do agree that occupancy should have been delayed 2-3 months until March rather than December. I've owned units at Parc Lofts on Stafford and East Lofts on princess, both boutique buildings built by Harhay and I think most would agree that both buildings are fantastic now that they're registered, but both also went through these pains, if not on a smaller scale given the size of the buildings.

East lofts and Parc were well done. Ive always seen them more as harhay developments even though lamb was invilved. Lamb uses different construction management companies. He used 5Nine for a few projects. They were a disaster and it's not surprising that they are not involved with his future projects. Regardless of how I feel about Lamb I think this is still a great project and owners will do well here.

You're correct, he was less involved with the East Lofts, did not develop the project, but was the broker responsible for sales. He was more involved with Parc as a developer I believe. Both buildings are quite different than Theatre Park in their size, but I have confidence this will be a great building.

An agent took me up to few units for this building and it is very well done inside. From layout to finishing, I was very impressed - much much better than The King East (which the agent said was one of the first from Brad(?)). The views from this building were simply gorgeous! There was a washroom which had a full window wall and yeah, I know I'd be taking my time on the toilet while enjoying that view! Attention to details like the two level dishwasher was great, as is the the 6' deep balconies with gas line. And some of the higher units had built in wall fireplaces...just fabulous.

Back