News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^If anything, DENTROBATE54's reproduction of those images just underscores what I mentioned earlier: put otherwise normal people in high-pressure and potentially inhuman positions, and don't be too surprised when some begin to exhibit inhuman conduct on occasion.

^If anything, DENTROBATE54's reproduction of those images just underscores what I mentioned earlier: put otherwise normal people in high-pressure and potentially inhuman positions, and don't be too surprised when some begin to exhibit inhuman conduct on occasion.

You're right, just because I have family in Iraq doesn't meant I should be upset about pictures depicting torture, posted by someone who made it a racial issue, in a thread about a puppy, and who has probably never been to Iraq.
BTW, I'm not surprised by the conduct of american soldiers....not sure why you would have brought that up....unless you're apologising for them.
Sorry for the bother.

I'm happy to see that killing Iraqi puppies elicits such outrage. If only killing Iraqi HUMANS would do the same...

What you are saying makes no sense since very few people here (if any) even supported the war in the Iraq in the first place.

Sounds eerily like Heart of Darkness...

You're right, just because I have family in Iraq doesn't meant I should be upset about pictures depicting torture, posted by someone who made it a racial issue, in a thread about a puppy, and who has probably never been to Iraq.
BTW, I'm not surprised by the conduct of american soldiers....not sure why you would have brought that up....unless you're apologising for them.
Sorry for the bother.

I never suggested that you should not be upset. However, if you are upset by the photos because of your impressions concerning the person who posted them rather than their actual content, that is a different matter. The images of torture are all about the selection of a group of people for certain treatment that would be illegal in the country where those doing the selecting originate from.

I'm not apologizing for the actions of others. That's all up to them. I'm pointing out a potential reason as to why people act in a cruel fashion in cruel situations.

As far as more outrage coming from the killing of the puppy than is generated by the killing of an Iraqi human, I don't think that's accurate. There would be even greater international outrage if it were a person that that soldier gleefully chucked over a cliff while his buddy mildly chided, "Awww, that was mean."

Dentrobate, was it really necessary for you to post those pictures again? they don't really have anything to do with this thread. Some of us have family over there, perhaps you could be little more sensitive and stay on topic.

Yes I felt it was necessary, and will always be necessary to hold wrongdoers accountable for the injustices they inflict on innocent people in the name of "Iraqi Liberation". I've seen far worse images than that which Western media just so happens to gloss over as if such atrocities never occured.

About your family members: military or insurgent? Either way I'd think it important for victims to not suffer in silence behind a wall of bureaucracy. Or for soldiers to still be able to look themselves in the mirror and know they have not sacrificed their moral human compass, becoming like mindless automatronic drones, for a 'war' they aren't fully comprehensive of.

posted by someone who made it a racial issue, in a thread about a puppy,

Torture is torture. Some people do it under the guise of creating multiple personalities whereby they keep sneaking into places where they're not welcome. Others such as your kinsfolk throw animals over a cliff, concoct photo-ops of simulated sex orgies of Iraqi (brown) prisoners and train attack dogs to physically maim and pierce the flesh out of the victim-of-the-week.

Only a small-minded person would limit their focus to this one incident and not critically examine the overall systematic history of atrocities committed by the US military under the guise of liberating civilians, under the guise of finding WMDs, under the guise of linking Saddam to Al Qaeda, under the guise of antiquated feuds between Christian and Muslim kingdoms. Where does we, as the domestic voyeurs of the war effort not begin to share moral culpability in the depravation of human rights enacted in Iraq, largely by Western troops?

I'm pointing out a potential reason as to why people act in a cruel fashion in cruel situations.

Are you explaining dentrobates actions? or the subjects of the photos.

Yes I felt it was necessary, and will always be necessary to hold wrongdoers accountable for the injustices they inflict on innocent people in the name of "Iraqi Liberation".

But you're not holding anyone accountable, you're posting photos of people you don't know, in comprimising positions, without their consent....and you believe you're doing a 'good 'thing.

The photos. I'm pointing out a potential reason as to why people act in a cruel fashion in cruel situations.

The photos. I'm pointing out a potential reason as to why people act in a cruel fashion in cruel situations.

It actually sounds like you're making excuses for the soldiers actions....hopefully I'm wrong.

Why not post pictures of the Holocaust, as an example of what humans will do?

It actually sounds like you're making excuses for the soldiers actions....hopefully I'm wrong.

Excuses? How do you manage to come up with that? I stated a potential reason. For all I know, the people in question shown in the photographs are raving psychopaths and that's why the military put them in charge of prisoners who had not been tried. Somehow I have my doubts about that, though. Regardless, in the end, those military people in the photographs are making decisions that dictate their actions.

As for the Holocaust, many individuals were convinced that the people they were imprisoning and killing were, in fact not, people. They made a decision based on the the information they were receiving and the actions going on around them, but they still made a decision to believe what they were told and to act finally act for themselves.

Are you upset at the photos only because DENTROBATES posted them? Does nothing of the content bother you?

And you keep raising the issue about having family in Iraq. Do they want to be there? If not, why are they there?

But you're not holding anyone accountable, you're posting photos of people you don't know, in comprimising positions, without their consent....and you believe you're doing a 'good 'thing.

I wonder if that puppy you claim to care so much about had a say in the distribution of video footage depicting his murder :rolleyes:?! The victims in the second photo had their faces disclosed. You can't be doing them a disservice by emphasizing to one obviously mentally deranged former poster that while war isn't limited to race issues, it's emcompassing of the 'Us' vs. 'Them' dichotomy that Western media (our only mainstream window into that reality) continues to parlay around for shits and giggles.

People here are really in denial that 'our' military is capable of even greater savagery, inhumanity and masochism than 'them' the Iraqi/Muslim/racialized others, 'our' purported enemies. The photos speaks volumes more than what CNN or MSNBC can relay. If my posting the photos made you seriously rethink your assessment of the war effort, then my job here is done!

Hmm, an anti-Semite too, eh? Again the photos aren't about exploiting the victims but rather putting a face to the perpetraitor(s). I can tell you're itching to do a Lynndie, so go ahead, display your ignorance and zeal:

lynndie.jpg

Eh, why not show your pride for not being a homeless bum while your at it :rolleyes:!

tramp1.gif

Others such as your kinsfolk throw animals over a cliff, concoct photo-ops of simulated sex orgies of Iraqi (brown) prisoners and train attack dogs to physically maim and pierce the flesh out of the victim-of-the-week.

Isn't SteveD a Canadian?

Hmm, an anti-Semite too, eh?

Hmmm, no...but it does appear that you're a complete and utter moron, with the comprehension skills of a 6 year old.

Others such as your kinsfolk throw animals over a cliff, concoct photo-ops of simulated sex orgies of Iraqi (brown) prisoners and train attack dogs to physically maim and pierce the flesh out of the victim-of-the-week.

Amazing...and you don't get banned for this shit?

Back