News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

The reason why the monks are angry is that their privileges were cancelled.

At past, many Tibetan monks have a lot of privileges and high status, but the civilians are poor, they were salves.There is a big gap between them.

The abolition of the privileges drive part of monks cracy

But the monks weren't the violent Tibetans. It was the people who you say were slaves. That makes no sense.

I am not a victim of government censorship of media and free thought in China,

the government never restrict the exportation of information.

Really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

At past, many Tibetan monks have a lot of privileges and high status, but the civilians are poor, they were salves.There is a big gap between them.

Hmm, perhaps I should apply this parallel to the gap between the poor rural population and the political elites in the Communist Party. What should be done about the latter?

I am sure someone who believe sincerely that the Chinese government allows the free flow of information would have no problems whatsoever telling me what should be done to liberate such an oppressed population, no?

AoD

Well, now you're in trouble. You see, this is what's going to happen now....folks here at UT will profess to know more about the situation than you, and will claim that you're a victim of government censorship of media and free thought in China, and that you're not seeing the true story in Tibet, and that only those on the outside, who've never been to Tibet can truly understand the situation.

I hope you are joking.

I noted on another thread that you support military action in Afghanistan. Is this support based on experience and a clear and fully-informed understanding of what was going on in that country? Was this knowledge acquired by way of extensive travel and interaction with the population?

I am sorry for that.
But today the government won't act like that.

We should not discuss history always.
Every States had some shameful historical events. last century, so many westerns invaded in China, killed so many Chinese people.

China won't do any violent action now

the best way to solve these gaps between us is listen to the local Tibetans, not Dalai Lama.

He had been outside for a long long time.
Tibet is changing, local Tibetans has changed, they are better than past,so no one wants to come back to Dalai'time

I am local, I know what happening in China and Tibet. I observe my country with my eyes and feelings, not from the local medias and foreign medias.

I hope you are joking.
No, only predicting the likely replies this poor chap was going to receive from us at UT.

How about instead of challenging everything Echo says and throwing down Tianamen Square jabs, we instead welcome him, and his unique and valuable perspective from the inside? For instance, Echo says that Tibet is changing, let's ask him about that. He says that a repeat of Tianamen Square is unlikely, let's ask him why he thinks that way.

We have an apparent valuable resource in Echo, let's make him welcome and learn what we can from his perspective.

Back