2012june26074c.jpg

2012june26080ice.jpg

2012june26089c.jpg

Any reason they skipped a floor? Was the bottom row for a test and they'll go from there to allow for proper spacing?

yup. the cladding on this one blows MLS away. and is quite a bit better than even Absolutes. still have no idea why MLS went with that dark grey/sea green colour for the cladding. not to mention, the lime green corners at the top.

It's good to see one of the largest skyscrapers in torontos history rising so fast! The scary thing is that when this is topped out, it will probably be torontos tallest condo! (though aura will be close behind)

It's good to see one of the largest skyscrapers in torontos history rising so fast! The scary thing is that when this is topped out, it will probably be torontos tallest condo! (though aura will be close behind)

this building will be lucky to stay in top 5 tallest condos in the coming years

ice 1 will come in just over 234m compared to aura which is taller at 272m, then we have 50 bloor 277m 10 york 250m and 1 bloor 250m

also note that the tallest tower in ice now is ice 2 which will be the shorter one 57 stories. im not sure why but they started to build up the lower tower first

The scary thing is that when this is topped out, it will probably be torontos tallest condo! (though aura will be close behind)

Perhaps not, as L tower(672ft) will top off before the shorter one(669ft). Meanwhile Aura(893ft) is up to 28s vs only 11s on the taller ICE tower(768ft). It'll be a close race but my moneys on A.
This is just for strictly residential buildings, for residential & hotel buildings Trump as that claim.

this building will be lucky to stay in top 5 tallest condos in the coming years

ice 1 will come in just over 234m compared to aura which is taller at 272m, then we have 50 bloor 277m 10 york 250m and 1 bloor 250m

also note that the tallest tower in ice now is ice 2 which will be the shorter one 57 stories. im not sure why but they started to build up the lower tower first

Ice Condominiums at York Centre is comprised of three buildings; The office tower component (32s), ICE (Phase 1) Residential Tower (57s) and ICE (Phase 2) Residential Tower (67s). Therefore, the more elevated residential tower being viewed and located on the South-West corner of the development is the initial phase.

Actually I wish they'd build a sidewalk & bikelane extension (separated behind a concrete wall of course) to the Gardiner. Fantastic viewing deck to watch the city as you cruise in on the Greydog.

I'm not that great with details so I just quickly tore down the Gardiner:

ice27june2012.jpg

Last edited:

Back