York and Bremner - The Yonge and Dundas of Southcore

7680313526_8dde24e2b7_b.jpg

Shots from today - More glass up on the west tower and the floorplate shift is now much more noticeable:

enhFj.jpg

7jP2S.jpg

hoZO9.jpg

ckYDy.jpg

my my this thing really is turning out fantastic/as advertised! the cladding is as good as it gets with a large condo tower these days :D

Well, I might have to change my mind about this one. I used to think that the cheese grater top was amateurish, but I forgot that this is an aA design, and they tend to get the details right, so they may be able to pull it off. Certainly, the glass balconies and the cladding go very well together.

The only downside is that this building is being built in Southbore, which means it'll be surrounded by identically-coloured, but inferior, glass boxes and it will be hard to pick this building out of the crowd.

Well, I might have to change my mind about this one. I used to think that the cheese grater top was amateurish, but I forgot that this is an aA design, and they tend to get the details right, so they may be able to pull it off. Certainly, the glass balconies and the cladding go very well together.

The only downside is that this building is being built in Southbore, which means it'll be surrounded by identically-coloured, but inferior, glass boxes and it will be hard to pick this building out of the crowd.

Dont u think over time this area will flourish into a nice, modern neighborhood?? It seems to me they're planting a lot of trees and nice Wide sidewalks.

Just wait til the much chunkier and taller east tower gets some height to it. F$%kin exciting man.

my my this thing really is turning out fantastic/as advertised! the cladding is as good as it gets with a large condo tower these days :D

I'm with you steveve, this is beginning to look really promising. Lanterra is really delivering with some successful projects.
Plenty of great photos today someMidTowner (as usual), thank you!

Looks like a rather spare parody of they Abbey Road cover.

University Ave seems to get that a lot
OsO6a5

Sorry for getting off topic, anyways it would be awesome if somebody were to take one of the above pictures and draw in a height estimate.

Back