GyiQx.png

LOL!!! ^^^ Borat.

ya, Ice has been a very pleasant surprise. I still have no idea what to expect from the rooftops/nor do i really know what they're gonna look like since the renders make it so hard to see... kinda like with Chaz.. I don't really have a clue what the building looks like aside from that one angle we've gotten in all the renders,

Photo from the weekend. East Tower looks like it has a wider floorplate.

Dimensionally the east tower is a bit wider, but only by 6 feet or so. The east tower appears wider because of where the photo is taken. The angle of the photo catches the wider side of the east tower and the narrower side of the west tower as the two towers don't have the same orientation. The west tower is also further away making its dimensions appear smaller than the east tower. Size wise, the floorplates are generally the same (west-780 sq.m. vs. east-797 sq.m.). Shape wise, the west tower floorplate is more eliptical, while the east is more round.

Check out pg. 10 of the Final Staff Report from 2009 for the typical residential building dimensions. Pg. 58 shows the building footprints and their orientation.

The west tower is just starting to make an impact, when walking south on University. When finished, these towers are going to be very dramatic from the Queen/King area.

This place is so incredibly well located,

- just a few blocks to the lake front
- across the street from the ACC
- just a few blocks from Skydome (yes, I still call it Skydome)
- access to the PATH
- access (indoor if you like) to Union Station
- adjacent to the newest Delta hotel
- highway access? - just spit out the window

Oh, and it looks (will look) fantastic!!

I'm getting a chubby just thinking about this place.
Why oh why didn't I pick up a couple of these units???

This place is so incredibly well located,

- just a few blocks to the lake front
- across the street from the ACC
- just a few blocks from Skydome (yes, I still call it Skydome)
- access to the PATH
- access (indoor if you like) to Union Station
- adjacent to the newest Delta hotel
- highway access? - just spit out the window

Oh, and it looks (will look) fantastic!!

I'm getting a chubby just thinking about this place.
Why oh why didn't I pick up a couple of these units???

Because they were tiny and expensive as hell.

At the time of launch in late 2008, the prices did seem quite high ($580-$660+ PSF depending on floor, not incl parking or locker), though compared to some other launches (like Karma or INDX) three years later, the prices don't seem that crazy.

My only issue with ICE, and this coming from someone who stops to admire as I walk by several times a day, is that the floor plans are atrocious. Interior bedrooms, master bedrooms less than 10x10 (even in some two bed units!) and small linear kitchens.

That said though, I feel the location is amazing for all the reasons BD pointed out. I still am considering moving there (provided I can reconfigure one of the crappy 3 bedrooms into a functional 2 bed).

Yes, that's true. I remember the floorplans being very crappy as well. The location simply was not worth the prices they were charging. Not to mention, would you want to pay $700ft in 2008 for a box that has home depot finishes? Not sure about Karma, but INDX is superior.

...is that the floor plans are atrocious. Interior bedrooms, master bedrooms less than 10x10 (even in some two bed units!) and small linear kitchens.

This describes almost EVERY new Condo in Toronto in the last 15 years. It should be mandated that these very words must be placed in the ads for any Condo being sold in or around Toronto. If I may add a few things and paraphrase:

*Caution: This Condo contains Atrocious Floor Plans; Heatstroke-inducing windows for walls; Obnoxious and unnecessary intrusive, round pillars; Absolutely no storage space; May contain dark Interior Bedrooms, more suitable for a storage closet; Master Bedrooms under 100 sq/ft; And Kitchens along one wall of the Living Room.

Last edited:

Back