When will the path connection be completed for this? Im moving in Sep 1st hope the amenities and PATH connection will be done by then!

When will the path connection be completed for this? Im moving in Sep 1st hope the amenities and PATH connection will be done by then!

The PATH hasn't been started yet. York Street will have to close for several months between Bremner and Lake Shore so that a tunnel can be dug for it. Not sure if that will happen this Fall, Winter, or next Spring. Whenever it is, it's the type of project to likely take more than a year.

The PATH hasn't been started yet. York Street will have to close for several months between Bremner and Lake Shore so that a tunnel can be dug for it. Not sure if that will happen this Fall, Winter, or next Spring. Whenever it is, it's the type of project to likely take more than a year.

Interesting--that'll cause major jam-ups given the Gardiner ramp at York and Lakeshore.

I'm crossing my fingers that construction of the PATH tunnel will be coordinated with the removal of the ramps at York/Bay/Yonge. One would hope that the closures would happen at the concurrently: if no one's coming off a closed ramp, then that might as well be the time that York is closed for tunnel digging.

I imagine that during ramp take-down, the second lane at the eastbound Spadina off-ramp will open to Lake Shore to help take some of the traffic east towards Simcoe, Bay, Yonge… but it's still going to be a tough time for driving downtown, especially from the west.

Any one know or heard anything regarding 16 York Street office building next to Ice? Its been a very long time since anything was mentioned about that project.

The third phase of York Centre, a 32s office building at 16 York Street, will be headed by The Cadillac Fairview Corporation and construction announced once the residential component is fulfilled . Perhaps the only downside to having the block completed, is that the office tower will directly obstruct the north view of residents below the 53rd level.
0.jpg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 759
The third phase of York Centre, a 32s office building at 16 York Street, will be headed by The Cadillac Fairview Corporation and construction announced once the residential component is fulfilled .

So then I take it that means that construction is immanent?

The third phase of York Centre, a 32s office building at 16 York Street, will be headed by The Cadillac Fairview Corporation and construction announced once the residential component is fulfilled . Perhaps the only downside to having the block completed, is that the office tower will directly obstruct the north view of residents below the 53rd level.

I am looking forward to seeing this final lot in this particular area transformed it will look amazing once its all completed.

Looking south along University a few hours ago:

DSC02584.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02584.jpg
    DSC02584.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 1,656
Very nice. Since Toronto is on such a strict grid, we don't get many viewpoints where we see buildings overlapping like this. The base of University is really made more interesting by these two buildings. And I personally like the Citi building, contrary to the opinions of some other posters here.

My amateur pictures hardly do it justice. I stood agape alongside my girlfriend as I told her why she should believe Ice is tops.

It's too bad they weren't able to give the podium's roofline a more beveled edge as had been earlier depicted, but otherwise I'm really pleased with how this is looking. Really taking their time on the podium though.

…and as much as I make jokes about the whole city being completed in time for the Pan Am Games, I am frustrated that the York Street sidewalk has not been completed here yet. What a crummy spot to not have finished off yet! Let's have this entrance to Downtown fixed up pronto, please!

Back