really like this design,not to excited about the area though,wall to wall to wall traffic and pollution.

Looks like it will be built in 3 phases, constuction on the 1st phase which is the 55 storey/186 meter condo tower to commence some time this year. :)

So given the 65 floor tower is 222 metres, the unknown height of the wing on top would be 6 metres.

East Tower - 222 metres 65 floors
West Tower - 192 metres 55 floors
North Tower - 157 metres 31 floors

Design wise, the residential towers are great, but the office tower seems like an after thought. I wish they would do more to make it look unique, but not meld it with the other towers.

So given the 65 floor tower is 222 metres, the unknown height of the wing on top would be 6 metres.

East Tower - 222 metres 65 floors
West Tower - 192 metres 55 floors
North Tower - 157 metres 31 floors

Design wise, the residential towers are great, but the office tower seems like an after thought. I wish they would do more to make it look unique, but not meld it with the other towers.

Something like this development, 29/21 Storey Office building being built at the Docklands in Melbourne Australia would look nice next to the Ice Condos.

DOCKLANDAS_wideweb__470x35221.jpg

Source please?

From the recent posted PDF.
From The City Planning
Final Report – 16 York Street (Railway Lands Block 9)

Phasing
The applicant intends to construct the development in three phases as follows:
Phase 1 Phase 2 Phase 3
Location West East North
Type Residential Residential Office
Height 55 storey, 186 m 65 storey, 216 m 31 storey, 158 m
Apartments 578 687 0
Parking 467, 5 autoshare 131, 598 total 304

Staff recommend a Section 16 clause to ensure the appropriate phasing of the
development which includes parking supply below grade and at grade during the
construction of each phase.

Legal staff advise that in the absence
of compelling planning reasons to link the construction of the residential and nonresidential
portions of the site there is no generally recognized legal mechanism for the
municipality to ensure the erection of the non-residential building. This is certainly true
Staff report for action – Final Report – 16 York Street (Railway Lands Block 9) 16
in the absence of conditional zoning powers at this time under the Planning Act. It is
noted that the applicant has not agreed to phasing restrictions involving the office
building and advises that condominium sales permit the financing and construction start
of the 55 storey west residential tower in 2009. Legal staff have reviewed the restrictive
covenant and advise that while it may not be free from legal attack over time, it could
most effectively be contained as a provision of the agreement under s. 16 of the City of
Toronto Act which allows generally for agreements pertaining to the development of land
in the Railway Lands
Provincial

Last edited:
I hope this isn't a repeat of the World Trade Centre condos. The only rationale for those condos being there is if there's also a large commercial component, and by allowing them to build in phases like that there's a very real possibility that they'll just flake out on the office space at the end. I could also see it being very difficult for them to get approval for the office later if it means that the majority of the north facing units in their own development will lose their skyline views.

I hope this isn't a repeat of the World Trade Centre condos. The only rationale for those condos being there is if there's also a large commercial component, and by allowing them to build in phases like that there's a very real possibility that they'll just flake out on the office space at the end. I could also see it being very difficult for them to get approval for the office later if it means that the majority of the north facing units in their own development will lose their skyline views.

North facing units losing a view doesn't deter a builder, nor does it influence the city.

However, if the city is smart about it, they would make approval contigent of either the office tower gets built BEFORE the 2nd residential tower; or they get built at the same time.

That was my understanding of the following:

Legal staff have reviewed the restrictive covenant and advise that while it may not be free from legal attack over time, it could most effectively be contained as a provision of the agreement under s. 16 of the City of Toronto Act which allows generally for agreements pertaining to the development of land in the Railway Lands Provincial

Looks like it will be built in 3 phases, constuction on the 1st phase which is the 55 storey/186 meter condo tower to commence some time this year. :)

If they could get phase 1 sold, financed and started this year that would be a very promising start to this project.

I'm assuming it's just going to have more renders, and floor plans. Just the website version of their sales centre.

Back