News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

T1 was pretty bad. Their panel of "experts" were not given the proper time to provide good feedback. And having one of their reporters updating you about Ward elections with one side of her face was pretty crude. Can they at least put her up with a decent chair.

Adam Vaughn was a hit and miss with me. He did sort of call the winner before anyone else. He set the record straight with Disero about the legal complications with the island airport link. And he spoke insightfully about the new mayor's role in developing a relationship with other levels of gov't. However, he tends to cut in a lot and stutter his way through explanations. It was a good thing Hunter corrected him on calling De Baeremaeker a "centrist" ....I also found Ann Mroczkowski in her usual irritating enthusiastic self as moderator. Lastly, too many panelists. At max 4 people should provide analysis or it gets too crowded.

CFTO nailed the initial interviews with Tory and Miller after the winner was declared. I don't know why they had Lastman for the whole show. It was quite amusing watching Mel give advice to Miller...I can see how David was desperately waiting for Mel to shut up.

"You will never be mayor of this city because you say stupid and dumb things!"

- Mel Lastman to David Miller, 2002

T1 + crap.

No news at dinner, the morning show absolutely sucks, no noon news, no nothing. Even the website sucks. I was really excited about T1 coming to town, but it's been the biggest waste of time since OMNI.2

As much as City TV is Toronto's station, it also has a large selection of shows and movies. I really don't know very much about T1 since I haven't watched it yet, but just because it is failing in terms of Toronto coverage doesn't mean it will fail as a TV station. If it has good programming, it really doesn't matter that actual Toronto coverage is bad.

As much as City TV is Toronto's station, it also has a large selection of shows and movies. I really don't know very much about T1 since I haven't watched it yet, but just because it is failing in terms of Toronto coverage doesn't mean it will fail as a TV station. If it has good programming, it really doesn't matter that actual Toronto coverage is bad.

Chuck100 your comment is 100% wrong! It was given a license to broadcast by the Government of Canada because of the quantity and quality of Toronto coverage it promised to give. It wasn't given the license to show only American cities and cover Toronto in a substandard manner. It doesn't matter whether they succeed or fail financially (the current programming will make them a lot of money by using cheap locally produced shows with cheap American syndicated programming). The point is they promised the government good Toronto coverage, something they are not delivering. And if it keeps up this way they should have their license revoked. Toronto Star (who lost to T1) should have gotten it in the first place.

And why don't you watch the station first before you comment on it.

Toronto 1 was horrible. It was known weeks ago that at 9PM they would break in for the NFL. I'm thinking of a letter righting campaign to the CRTC. Anyone in?
I'm in all right. Shall we do individual letters or one big one with 500 signatures?
but just because it is failing in terms of Toronto coverage doesn't mean it will fail as a TV station. If it has good programming, it really doesn't matter that actual Toronto coverage is bad.
True, but as Ed007 said, it was given a license based on its committment to this city.
Moreover, the fact that this station parades itself as a completely Toronto beast is what makes it all the more ridiculous. From its name - "Toronto 1" - to its bumpers and stingers, it just puts on this pretense about being absorbed in this city. But when it comes down to the actual content, it's just a repeat broadcaster for U.S. syndicated fare with a few bad Toronto platitudes thrown in.
Toronto Star (who lost to T1) should have gotten it in the first place.
Indeed. I'm still hoping they may reapply in a few years. I think Toronto is big enough of a city for at least one more broadcast station. However, their recent "cooperation agreement" with Toronto One makes that less likely.

JASON :)

T1 may have had horrible coverage, I didnt check it out because Ive forgetten about that channel, to me its like one of the french channels now, unless I catch some eye candy I keep going:b . But I think Global had some of the worst coverage, I flipped over to see what global had at around 9 oclock and they were showing a sitcom, every commercial break they would have an update, but other than that, it was regularly scheduled programming.

I love CityTV for the fact that they covered the election perfectly.

I guess your impression of Toronto1 depends on what programmes you happened to have seen thus far. Toronto Tonight often has interesting and unique stories that are not covered by the other networks. I found that they had the most in depth coverage of the island airport issue over the past few weeks as well. The Toronto Life show is also quite good. I didn't care for Toronto1 at first but I'm starting to slowly warm to it.

Trusted... Ganja... warming... to... abominable... station... So, conflicted! Must... resist... urge... to... give... second... chance. :brickwall

I like the Toronto Life Show, and Ive seen it only twice so far, but I have to say for a channel thats supposed to be all Toronto, all the time, they could have made it an hour show. I mean how many topics can you cover in 22 minutes without rushing through all of the important parts, let alone giving any detail? Plus you got to have the intro, lead ins from commercials and credits, so your probably left with around 15 minutes.

I wouldnt be upset with Toronto1 if they said from the get go, mostly American Programming during the day, and Toronto focused shows in the evening, okay thats fine, but they said it would be all about Toronto, and they havent delivered.

Back