1000000398.jpg

As a big fan of Studio JCI I made a point to check this one out... that high ceiling glass street-wall on Ferguson (across from the theatre) is sweet and begging for a restaurant/cafe or other retail to animate the street... but I couldn't see any sign of an exterior door.

Is this just a building amenity space?

Maybe itll remain empty like the olympia club..
I doubt it. Core Urban has surely received requests to lease the space, Steve has told me they are very particular about who they lease to though. They wanted the Cash Money place out as soon as possible, and are unlikely to rent such a space to something they don't think will add value to the street or bring life back to the area.

Emblem doesn't seem to care too much and will likely lease it out immediately after it's complete unless they do like KiWi and have a sales centre, which I doubt since it's mostly sold out the Design District, and seems to be targeting Toronto buyers, not local ones.

Very nice, that terrace mid way up going to be a great space for owners, with views of the changing downtown skyline

my aunt used to live in the apartment building overlooking this area what used to be a vast parking lot when I was a kid - so it's strange for me to see it all filled in now. I remember it had that funky clock at the end of the street that used to chime.. what ever happened to that clock..?

my aunt used to live in the apartment building overlooking this area what used to be a vast parking lot when I was a kid - so it's strange for me to see it all filled in now. I remember it had that funky clock at the end of the street that used to chime.. what ever happened to that clock..?
Are you talking about the one across from Ferguson Station?

Are you talking about the one across from Ferguson Station?
hmm, it is in roughly the same location, but no the original clock looked like something out of dr. seuss if my childhood memories serve me well, not sure if it had those bells but it did have some crazy chiming sounds..

Back