I feel like I'd prefer a railing over glass for the balcony. My partner and I like to maintain a pretty clean house, so I feel like a glass balcony would bother us to no end being dirty all the time.

I feel like I'd prefer a railing over glass for the balcony. My partner and I like to maintain a pretty clean house, so I feel like a glass balcony would bother us to no end being dirty all the time.
Not if its the dark tinted glass, but maybe you're right - I have a railing on my balcony but it's a cream colour so it looks nicer.

Looking forward to occupancy here. This has almost twice as many units as Kiwi next door (despite being a remarkably similar size building..), so it will likely have a pretty big impact on foot traffic in the area.

^Great! Is it me or are a lot of buildings opening around the same time? McMaster, 1 Jarvis, Augusta. Must be several thousand units over a year! London is going to experience the same surge in a month and Toronto has about 3500 units filling up as we speak around Spadina and King.

Good times for Canadian urbanism!

February 26, 2024
IMG_2954.jpeg

Probably the nicest new build in Hamilton. I'm really looking forward to Design District. Emblem makes some quality stuff.
Personally I like the kiwi one better - this one is just rectangles with windows punched in - kiwi has all the nuances and curves and angles and balcony details.

I am also getting the feeling there is a divide between traditionalists and modernists on this forum too. Craftsmanship vs geometric clean lines.

Last edited:

Back