St James Town might once have been the densest neighborhood in Toronto, but that was before City Place, the Entertainment District and Humber Bay Shores came into existence. Even Yonge & Eglinton may be denser than St James Town these days. I love how people quote stats like 'Yonge Street is the longest street in the world" as if we were still in 1990s.
It actually still is the densest area in the city, just check the Census stats I linked above… but the point is that it is not the only really dense area, and that there are many others nearly as dense now…

…and it's not the density that's issue on its own, it's how well the area is provided with services and reasonable accommodation, and that does need to be addressed. Simply saying "no more development" won't help the area. Well-planned public and private reinvestment could.

SPA for this one has been filed, as is up in the AIC.

No significant changes, I can see to size or appearance.

There does seem to have been a darking/deepening of the brown colour used on the south elevation of the tower.

1662968965896.png

One small tidbit from the cover letter I found interesting:

At the time of the application only 37 of 116 resident
parking spaces on site are being utilized by tenants

This is a parking ratio of 0.32

Rendering is updated in the database. The overall height changed from 97.30m to 99.00m. The overall unit count changed from 245 units to 213 units. The total parking space count changed from 42 parking to 35 parking.

Rendering is taken from the architectural plan via site plan submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - AUG 18  2022 (1)-361.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - AUG 18  2022 (1)-364.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - AUG 18  2022-1.jpg

Resubmission in December to increase this to 45 storeys

Look at you, posting significant info, and almost no one notices.

What did you do to hide it, must have been a busy posting day here at UT!

Let me stick the render in that belonged to this change:

1692038632402.png

The project information has been updated. The overall storey count changed from 29 storey to 45 storey. Total building height increased from 99.00m to 151.00m. The total unit count increased from 213 units to 334 units. The whole car parking changed from 37 car parking to 54 car parking. Finally, the total bike parking increased from 224 bike parking to 345 bike parking.

Rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission.

I keep reading that as 100 Huntley for some reason. Although I think that "address" is out in the boondocks of Burlington. And rightfully so...

I keep reading that as 100 Huntley for some reason. Although I think that "address" is out in the boondocks of Burlington. And rightfully so...

Back