Taken 17 February.

IMG_7199.jpeg
IMG_7200.jpeg

This is a massing masterclass. Materials, not so much.
Agreed. When it comes to massing this and the CG tower are the two best skyscrapers(150m+) going up in the GTA, despite the poor cladding its still a 'win' overall to me. However even with better cladding CG is not without it's own (minor)flaws either.

This is a massing masterclass. Materials, not so much.
It's so frustrating that some projects have decent massing (this), interesting flourishes (zigzagging balconies on Social) or eye-catching crowns (Aura, never mind the broken lights) and yet the developers seem to have gone out of their way to disfigure them with cheap-looking and downright ugly cladding. Sure, these materials can be replaced, but what's the likelihood of that happening in our lifetime?

Higher than you think, given the engineered lifespans of components within those cladding systems.

Of course, that's not to say that the replacements will be better. Take Aura, then imagine the bottom two-thirds of Aura being wrapped in EIFS.

Higher than you think, given the engineered lifespans of components within those cladding systems.

Of course, that's not to say that the replacements will be better. Take Aura, then imagine the bottom two-thirds of Aura being wrapped in EIFS.
Ah yes, I should have said 'being replaced with better-looking materials'. I think that would bring the probability way down ...

Back