I can't blame anyone for seeing it as hideous in its present form though — it has certainly been bastardized since. Getting it back to near original condition would be wonderful. I wonder how many storeys up they'll propose to go…

I have heard the folks looking at it modeled 6 to 8 floors expecting a fight from the locals.

I heard similar but at a max of 12 storeys back in the early summer when this was being floated around.

I'm not too fussed about the height and density, though I am sure the neighbours near it are.

I am just hoping for a nice restoration and pleasant ground-level pedestrian experience.

I have heard the folks looking at it modeled 6 to 8 floors expecting a fight from the locals.
I heard similar but at a max of 12 storeys back in the early summer when this was being floated around.
I've just checked the City's mapping, and this lot is quite a bit deeper than the average lot that an Avenues style mid-rise gets put up on, so I'm not sure what to expect height-wise here.

Part of the problem with this site is that part of it sits in the CR zone while the other is R (the parking lot). I suppose the easiest thing would be to propose townhouses there, and a mid-rise to the east. Still, not an easy one.

25A97FF6-9CD5-46F1-9886-3C32D534D3B9.jpeg

Part of the problem with this site is that part of it sits in the CR zone while the other is R (the parking lot). I suppose the easiest thing would be to propose townhouses there, and a mid-rise to the east. Still, not an easy one.
By my approximation, the CR portion of the property is about 50 metres deep. If the 45 degree angular plane was measured from the R zone, about 15 storeys would fit beneath it. However I suspect the proposal will be more in the upper mid-rise range.

Just a thought: this site is a block away from the likely location of a second entrance to Summerhill station (which will have to be built eventually). So this location is arguably ripe for intensification. (Although it's never been clear to me whether anyone can actually board at Summerhill during the morning rush.)

I feel like we will only ever see movement on a second entrance to Summerhill if the Midtown GO corridor is ever activated.

Contest for temporary art installation: https://www.abigpicture.ca/

As we find our communities in the midst of a challenging time, we want to spread messages of positivity and extend financial aid to worthy causes that are helping those in need.

We are engaging children across Ontario in this contest to draw or paint messages of positivity.

At the end of the contest, a young artist will be chosen as the winner for producing the most heart-warming and inspiring message. Their artwork will be displayed and illuminated on a large billboard at 1140 Yonge Street, in the heart of Midtown Toronto.

The top 3 winners will also have the opportunity to select from a list of charities that are helping during this pandemic, who will receive a combined monetary donation of at least $40,000.
Capture.JPG

Back