January 14:

8385942736_1401f2c13f_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8385942736_1401f2c13f_o.jpg

I'm perplexed as to why this development is moving as slowly as it is. Below is a photo taken today (compare it to the one taken 3 weeks ago)

8445332260_db00587c59_o.jpg

My prediction: occupancy in 2016

Think they had some serious water issues with the site. The long ago buried Russell Creek runs right through it. They spent a lot of time with de-watering and anchors.

June 20:

There hasn't been any notable activity here in weeks, except for the construction trailer being removed from the site.

9094247498_1fe8bda592_o.jpg

I'm perplexed as to why this development is moving as slowly as it is. Below is a photo taken today (compare it to the one taken 3 weeks ago)

8445332260_db00587c59_o.jpg

feel sorry for the old age home those who have balconies will lose their view.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish a grocery store would be built there instead. - who needs another condo.. I live around the block from it..
and although I go to Loblaws - Queen and Portland. another grocery store closer is severely needed.
and I did not know there was an old age home there- it sad when their view will be blocked.

You do realize there is a condo above the Loblaws you refer too .......

I'm not debating the need for a grocery store, I agree with that, but single use developments in the core will hopefully be a thing of the past, less office development.

What I mean is there is no reason why a grocery store couldn't have been included in the base, though I'm fairly sure that didn't happen here.

Back