News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The lack of handholds really makes these trains an absolutely terrible ride at rush hour.

Living on Bloor now and using the Bloor line more often, I've come around to thinking that the H6s are the best subway trains we've ever had, and I've ridden everything from the Gloucesters through to the TRs. The H6s are an exceptionally smooth and fast ride, quiet braking, the doors open and close quickly, and they have held up remarkably well (especially given the lower maintenance standards on the Bloor line versus YUS). I like the TRs, but they seem "fragile" to me, I can see all those new systems such as the maps, cameras, and other doodads breaking down frequently, and yes, the doors are a pain. Their only saving grace is that they remind me of the R143s and R160s in New York when they accelerate.

Living on Bloor now and using the Bloor line more often, I've come around to thinking that the H6s are the best subway trains we've ever had, and I've ridden everything from the Gloucesters through to the TRs. The H6s are an exceptionally smooth and fast ride, quiet braking, the doors open and close quickly, and they have held up remarkably well (especially given the lower maintenance standards on the Bloor line versus YUS). I like the TRs, but they seem "fragile" to me, I can see all those new systems such as the maps, cameras, and other doodads breaking down frequently, and yes, the doors are a pain. Their only saving grace is that they remind me of the R143s and R160s in New York when they accelerate.

would you show this post to your coworkers

I find the repeated "doors are now closing" really annoying. Coming home yesterday on the train, the announcement was made 3 times after leaving one station.

I find the repeated "doors are now closing" really annoying. Coming home yesterday on the train, the announcement was made 3 times after leaving one station.

I find it annoying how "please stand clear of doors" is grammatically incorrect.

looking at so many constructive criticisms on the TRs do you guys think they will send it back and make some adjustments? also before the new ones are built, they really should take note of what the public has spoken about the trains and correct them...

add on top of that, i rode a tr from college to sheppard yesterday and it is slowly staring to remind me of the t1s...and ppl are starting to leave trash on the trains too...sigh...

If they had to take public input into consideration at this point, we would never receive the full order. Public input time is over and now we let the experts do some final tweaks. Barring any major issues at this point (which there shouldn't be any), there will be no significant changes.

If they had to take public input into consideration at this point, we would never receive the full order. Public input time is over and now we let the experts do some final tweaks. Barring any major issues at this point (which there shouldn't be any), there will be no significant changes.
I don't believe any of the trains we've received have ATC yet. Weren't they going to deliver the first 10 trains without ATC, and only start putting it in with trainset 11? And then ship the first 10 sets (or part of them at least) back to Thunder Bay for modification? Was looking for a document that references it, but I can't find.

With such a big change coming in the design still, I wouldn't say we are down to just final tweaks. There's one last chance for modifications still ... or has set 11 (or whichever number) arrived yet.

I wouldn't say we are down to just final tweaks. There's one last chance for modifications still ... or has set 11 (or whichever number) arrived yet.
You're right - I guess what I should have said is that I doubt the TTC will put too much stock in public opinion at this point, unless it's a show-stopper.

You're right - I guess what I should have said is that I doubt the TTC will put too much stock in public opinion at this point, unless it's a show-stopper.
Agreed! I'm curious about Dave's comment about 10-year olds being able to reach the button to open the doors. Though I guess they can use the wheelchair button on the second door ... most 10-year olds could figure that out ...

The H6s are an exceptionally smooth and fast ride, quiet braking, the doors open and close quickly, and they have held up remarkably well (especially given the lower maintenance standards on the Bloor line versus YUS)

How do you figure this? There is a set schedule for preventative maintenance which both lines or in this case Carhouses have to follow. Its not like its decided randomly which cars will be worked on today.

The big difference between the 2 lines is the riders on YUS are more cleaner then the pigs which ride the BD line.

The big difference between the 2 lines is the riders on YUS are more cleaner then the pigs which ride the BD line.
Can you elaborate on this? I can't think of any reason that one line would be so much cleaner than the other based on ridership, particularly on early-morning trains.

I'll be sure to remember how lucky I am next time I have to part the sea of discarded Metros and 24s on my way up to Downsview that I'm now on the "clean" line. LOL

I'll be sure to remember how lucky I am next time I have to part the sea of discarded Metros and 24s on my way up to Downsview that I'm now on the "clean" line. LOL

Agreed, I generally find the YUS trains much worse then the BD ones, mostly from all the newspapers and coffee cups.

Back