News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just read the caption from the set.

The TTC has unveiled a mock-up of the future subway cars they will receive, called the "Toronto Rocket", at this year's "People in Motion" event that took place on June 6th and June 7th. All photos below were captured on June 7th, 2008.

That is not an actual car, it is a engineering prototype for the interior. It looks like they used some spare bus windows from the Orion Vs also, since the subway won't have windows that can open.

If you took the time to look at other pictures from the set, you would have seen this picture:
2722536784_9096d9949f.jpg

Ando- If you're referring to me I knew that it wasn't an actual car, I've seen all the pictures. What I meant was it was an actual built mock-up and not a computer generated thing. If not ignore this.

As for the windows, I thought they were going to have openable windows... oh well...

Last edited:
Just read the caption from the set.

That is not an actual car, it is a engineering prototype for the interior. It looks like they used some spare bus windows from the Orion Vs also, since the subway won't have windows that can open.

If you took the time to look at other pictures from the set, you would have seen this picture:
2722536784_9096d9949f.jpg

I don't care what any of you say....no one can seem to point me to a good perspective / placement (not an extreme close-up!) of the intended LCD display screens...i guess none exist. Oh well.

Subwayboy, you can see the LCD screen on this picture above the window. Beside the blue ad.
img_3776.jpg

Subwayboy, you can see the LCD screen on this picture above the window. Beside the blue ad.
img_3776.jpg

Yes, thanks 12, i saw that one from that guy's grouping of shots, and i guess its the best we have. I was hoping for a better shot, maybe a head-on (but not too close) perspective. Kind of you to be so patient / persistent for me.

What's your best guess on delivery of the first group of new cars? (i heard about the bnkrcy of the door-maker)

Sb.

prototype shud be ready sometime in Q2 2010 and in service by Q3 2010...my guess...

hopefully...that would be nice...we'll see...

No problem Subwayboy.

We were supposed to get them between January to March of this year, but the door problem has caused delays so who knows. Brad Ross from the TTC said they're working a new schedule, and that they're still "on good track" on delivering them.

Aslong as we get those trains we've been waiting for for about 4 years now... And don't worry I'm sure the TTC will have some fancy over the top celebration for the first one.

Just keep checking this thead, theres bound to be an update soon, hopefully it won't be missed by our constant chattering :p

Last edited:
No problem Subwayboy.

We were supposed to get them between January to March of this year, but the door problem has caused delays so who knows. Brad Ross from the TTC said they're working a new schedule, and that they're still "on good track" on delivering them.

Aslong as we get those trains we've been waiting for for about 4 years now... And don't worry I'm sure the TTC will have some fancy over the top celebration for the first one.

Just keep checking this thead, theres bound to be an update soon, hopefully it won't be missed by our constant chattering :p

right on the money =)

right on the money =)

Sounds like the TTC, all right. Yayyyy, aren't we great? Years delayed and (probably) way over budget, but HERE WE ARE! TAA DAAAA!

I will check in periodically here as you suggest, 12, thanks. Not to be insulting / disrespectful or anything to this site or you swell chaps, but does anybody know of other such forums around that focus on these new Cars as well, so i can check with them too? Like maybe the Torontoist, or something?

Last edited:
i been searching as well...i was able to find this site and i thought i was in heaven lol...but other forums? hmm i duno... try google...

As for the windows, I thought they were going to have openable windows... oh well why would you want to open up a window in the tunnel, so you can smell the nice brake dust may be lol

There is no way we are going to be riding the new trains any time soon, trains have to be tested people! When I mentioned a while ago that the trains were going to be delayed I was told to mind my own you know what and go back to cleaning toilets. If all goes to plan may be and I say may be by Christmas new trains will be in service. Calling Giambrone or Brad Ross is not going to get the trains here any sooner. They will be here when they arrive, let it go.

As for the LCD screens oh please dont put them on......its just going to be another thing kids screw up and Scratchitti and destroy. Cars should be as simple as possible

As for cell phones thats what we all need is to listen to some jerk from Finch to Union chatting away about how the loser Leafs have a chance of winning the Cup lol

sounds like someone is having a bad day lol...:rolleyes:

I guess I did :cool:

But seriously some of you make it sound like its the TTC's fault the trains are late. When they finally arrive they will be tested by us for at least a few months. Wilson complex is no where of being finished, the mechanics as far as I know have not been schooled on the new trains. Until these 2 items are adressed first no trains will be in service and lets not forget training for operators.

Back