News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You must be getting Wilson mixed up with Wilson garage where buses are or Greenwood Shops. Even delivery guys such as UPS have to get rule book training before they can cross the tracks in Wilson and Greenwood Yards.

Solution for those who want to get into greewood yard, get a job there! I doubt it would be boring with so much going on in there.

With so much going on there! You make me laugh......just what do you think is going on in there:D

I guess with all the methane gases escaping in that yard its better then the other yards

New station markers for TR

New station markers for TR have been spotted by cptdb member they are now triangles!:D

New station markers for TR have been spotted by cptdb member they are now triangles!:D

Whats cptdb? I've seem them at Summerhill station,I was wondering why there were triangles instead of circles. How does he know they're for the TR?

Whats cptdb? I've seem them at Summerhill station,I was wondering why there were triangles instead of circles. How does he know they're for the TR?

Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board, The reason why they are changing it is probably because the ATC, or they're just updating them since they're so old.

Hmm I would think the reason for changing them is because the TR's a bit longer... or they need to be placed somewhere else because the TR's are different.

The reason why they are changing it is probably because the ATC, or they're just updating them since they're so old.

Probably just updating them. It would make more logical sense to have the sensors for the ATC at the end of the platforms so the train would know where exactly the platform ends and the tunnel begins.

Probably just updating them. It would make more logical sense to have the sensors for the ATC at the end of the platforms so the train would know where exactly the platform ends and the tunnel begins.

I think the Sheppard Subway T1's already do this, they have a little digital screen with re LED numbers, as the train enters the station the number start coutnting down until the train stops and reashes 17, 18 or nineteen, depending on where they stop. These are on the black boxes mentioned above, although I've witnessed this on one ride, so i don't know for sure.

No. The markers are for the guard - one marks where his cab stops, the other where he can pull his head in and close the window.

On the new trains there are no mid-train cabs anymore, so the guard sits at the very back of the train. By leaving the old markers up, presumably they're keeping the guard in car 5 in the older stock, at least initially.

I know alot of you might say that Wikipedia is not a reliable source and plus today is also April Fool's Day (well it was an hour ago...), but this is the latest I got from that site...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Rocket_(Toronto_subway_car)

The last line: "The new TR are undergoing test runs at the Bombardier Kingston test track."

True or not? We'll have to wait for the official news to come out...

I know alot of you might say that Wikipedia is not a reliable source and plus today is also April Fool's Day (well it was an hour ago...), but this is the latest I got from that site...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Rocket_(Toronto_subway_car)

The last line: "The new TR are undergoing test runs at the Bombardier Kingston test track."

True or not? We'll have to wait for the official news to come out...

I gather from the pictures posted on page 72, which you said "dang they look nice" that they are being tested. As the original photographer on cptdb said those two pictures were taken at the kingston facility.

I gather from the pictures posted on page 72, which you said "dang they look nice" that they are being tested. As the original photographer on cptdb said those two pictures were taken at the kingston facility.

yes i kno i said that, i was just making sure thats all...

New Photo: A cab that's still a work in progress...
attachment.php

cool! thanks for sharing!

Back