News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

No there is not a railfan window. All three of those front windows are in the cab so unless you are invited into the cab you won't be railfanning from there.

The rivets or screws around the windows are a little distracting from the overall appearance.

Enviro:

The rivets or screws around the windows are a little distracting from the overall appearance.

No kidding. I don't get why subway trains everywhere else can look sleek when we still get rivets in the 21st century.

AoD

I know the cab is enclosed. If you look carefully in the middle window, top left area, there seems to be a window in the door.

And I agree on the rivets. it is distracting from the overall appearance.

Last edited:
I don't suppose there's a possibility that those rivets or whatever they're called are temporary? Or the subway car is unfinished? Or that they won't show up on later cars?

what are the orange lights for between the headlights?

Good question. I would have expected those to be red for when going the opposite direction. Can't see much point in turning signals unless these new subway cars have some kind of off-road capability we haven't been told about.

I still think this thread is weird as hell but I figured you guys would like to know that Olivia Chow just tweeted this:

Chair of #TTC Adam Giambrone said new subways cars will be delivered in a few weeks. 3 Cheers.

I still think this thread is weird as hell but I figured you guys would like to know that Olivia Chow just tweeted this:

Chair of #TTC Adam Giambrone said new subways cars will be delivered in a few weeks. 3 Cheers.

thanks 4 the update... i cant wait to see them !!!!!!!

Is there a specified amount we're supposed to get with the first shipment? And if so, does this mean the entire first batch is supposed to arrive "in a few weeks", or just a part of the first batch so that Giambrone can be on hand at the unveiling for the ribbon-cutting and picture-taking before leaving office (he asked cynically)?

Back