News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This can be a plan to create a surplus of cars for any planned subway extensions, one would think Downtown Relief Line? They can't possibly be looking that far into the future though.

No. The plan is to increase the number of trains on Bloor to 50 if I'm not mistaken which will eat up 300 of the things, not including spares.

The plan is to increase the number of trains on Bloor to 50 if I'm not mistaken which will eat up 300 of the things, not including spares.
47 by 2016 according to Steve Munro - http://stevemunro.ca/?p=2880#more-2880

Even at 50, with 15% spares, then that's 345 cars. With 372 available there is plenty of equipment available for a couple more Shepherd trains.

The latest news is the TR trains will be here around August, with a few months of testing by us the trains should be in revenue service by either December or early January.

The latest news is the TR trains will be here around August, with a few months of testing by us the trains should be in revenue service by either December or early January.

I assume this isn't taking into account future unknown delays (for whatever reason) as well?

Heard yesterday the TR might be here in 6 weeks, will believe it when I finally drive one.

Thanks agram, if this is true, and nothing happens it'll be nice to have them here sooner! But won't get my hopes up too much.

Heard yesterday the TR might be here in 6 weeks, will believe it when I finally drive one.

man i almost fell off the chair when i saw your post lol but thanks for the update! not expecting anything though...like u said, i'll believe it when i see it =)

I guess this was expected.

Bombardier wins Toronto subway order

Follow-on order to 2006 deal will see another 186 subway cars delivered by 2013

Bombardier Inc. has won a $390-million follow-on order to supply 186 subway cars for Toronto’s transit system.

The city’s transit commission last week exercised options for 31 six-car trains following the original order in December 2006.

Manufacturing and final assembly of the vehicles will be carried out at Bombardier’s factory in Thunder Bay, Ont.

Delivery of the cars is scheduled to take place between 2012 and 2013. Cars from the previous order are being tested in Kingston, Ont.

More...........http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ier-wins-toronto-subway-order/article1567594/

Wow, 70 trains by 2013! It doesn't really sound possible to me considering the present delay, but we'll see. So does this mean the TTC's subway rolling stock will only consist of T1 and TR?

This thread is
Going+in+Circles.jpg

(going in circles)

Back