McDonalds is a minor-to-the-point-of-inconsequential part of what'd make the location "undesirable", You could just as well blame the fact that there's a major bus/streetcar loop there *at all*...

McDonalds is a minor-to-the-point-of-inconsequential part of what'd make the location "undesirable", You could just as well blame the fact that there's a major bus/streetcar loop there *at all*...

I disagree. I think this area is totally desirable, especially for new buyers. Sure this is no Rosedale or Forest Hill, but there definitely is value here. If one were to buy in Giraffe, they'd be saving a lot of money when you compare the price of a home in the area or any of the other condos going up on Bloor (of which there aren't as many as one would think). Giraffe is cheaper than The Address at High Park and Parc Nuvo as far I know (which isn't actually on Bloor, but very close to Kipling station). Whenever that project on Bloor west of Jane gets going that will probably be priced higher than Giraffe as well. When talking new condos, one of the few locations that rival Giraffes value on or near the subway line would be Evolution which is on Dundas east of Kipling, also not actually on Bloor and much further out of the downtown core.

I think that Giraffe being located in a rougher part of Bloor street will only allow it to appreciate more in value. One would assume that the area will gentrify. It's already happened on Roncesvalles for the most part, and is slowly happening in the Junction. If Giraffe was a couple kilometres west in the heart of Bloor West Village it would be more expensive, an even tougher sell to the local residents of that area and above all not as fruitful of an investment due to the higher initial cost.

...anyone who opposes a development on UT will be quickly shut down, hustled off by conspirators, and never to be seen on this board again!

I deleted the offending post and apologize to any who took offense.

The point of it was to vent general disdain for the posting of irresponsible information on the forums in general and had nothing to do with support for or against the Giraffe condo.

I deleted the offending post and apologize to any who took offense.

The point of it was to vent general disdain for the posting of irresponsible information on the forums in general and had nothing to do with support for or against the Giraffe condo.

Well by reading this, I will address this very civilly with respect to you or anyone, as you’re venting was directly at me.

If anyone has a view point no matter if you feel it is irresponsible information of course being from your view point only or some others might share it. It might have some relativity to some others position being a condo buyer who might not think of that issue or others that might affect them.

A smelly vat from a restaurant from any restaurant in that matter could be an issue that might affect a person's health.

I live close to the Junction and from my experience when the wind does change the direction I get the industrial exhaust directly in my 5th story apartment. So it might seem "Irresponsible" in your words, to me it makes a sense from personal experience, and this may help another person think about buying a condo that faces a certain direction.

Having lived in Thunder Bay down the road from the pulp and peppermill I can tell you wind has everything to do with location, facing etc.

So my posting being "irresponsible" I think not in my humble opinion. So this being an open form it should remain as such for people to voice their thoughts or ideas about a topic without the fear of being called irresponsible or as such.

Good Day.

^You lived down the street from a peppermill? Damn, I love pepper!

btw, I'm wondering if your close relationship with nearby Upside-Down-Crap is clouding your judgement re: Giraffe? From an aesthetic pov, Giraffe eats Robert Falus's architecture for lunch.:D

I think they're just waiting for the final OMB ruling (which I believe is December 3rd) before they have one last sales push and then start construction. This is assuming they get the OMB's approval of course.

So quiet..:D Why do i get the feeling that this project is a go.:)

So quiet..:D Why do i get the feeling that this project is a go.:)

It has to be.....all the trouble that the developer has gone through.....

I think it is a great design....looks sharp.....some small units but overall nice.

BTW I like the paint job....on that building.

IMO, this is the kind of higher density that should be easily justified alone every subway station on the Bloor line.

There are fairly tall developments on two of the other corners of that intersection already, so why so much fuss over this one?

^keep in mind the density of this proposal would be the equivilant of another 25 storeys on top of each of the The Crossways tower across the street. (if that makes things easier)

I live near here, and think the area could easily handle another 25,000 residents. Most of the time, Bloor and Dundas here is dead! With coming GO expansion, much of the transit requirements will be met.

Bonus: With all the people here, Crossways Mall would get a huge kick in the ass face lift!

^keep in mind the density of this proposal would be the equivilant of another 25 storeys on top of each of the The Crossways tower across the street. (if that makes things easier)

What, total 50 storeys, what do you do just pick these density figures out of a hat.

Gallery, it's simply a manner of speaking, which some people may find easier to visualize.

As mentioned already, this corner seems well suited to handle additional density. The proposed development will virtually sit on top of the subway, and will have quick access to GO (not the best service at the moment, but set to improve). One of the biggest and best parks is nearby. A very pedestrian-friendly shopping street (Roncy) is adjacent. Shopping, of a sort, is available at the Loblaws plaza, which is due for a big upgrade soon, if rumour is to be believed. This corner begs for densification. If it can't be done here, we have little hope for much of Toronto.

The vacant lot on the east side of Dundas just north of Crossways is due for a development soon. And urbandreamer makes a good point, that this might be the badly needed kickstart for an improvement to the dreary Crossways mall.

I think this neighbourhood is one of the most interesting in the city, and I'm watching eagerly.

I live near here, and think the area could easily handle another 25,000 residents. Most of the time, Bloor and Dundas here is dead! With coming GO expansion, much of the transit requirements will be met.

Bonus: With all the people here, Crossways Mall would get a huge kick in the ass face lift!

The area will do well with more working class people.....I am with Junction on this also....the area can handle the increased population.......I live in the area also, and I think the area has been forgotten in most part....new development will mean more opportunity......

Back